• 20.04.2024, 03:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

[HELP] Need advice on setting up my loop.......

Montag, 26. Dezember 2022, 10:23

Greetings and salutations;
I'm putting a water loop into my rig based around the D5 Next pump with Ultitube reservoir and a Leakshield. 2x 480mm radiators will provide heat dissipation. I have some Octo boards on the way to run my existing Corsair fans along with a Splitty 12 to deal with the Nyancat vomit RGB.
So, one immediate specific question, I'm sure I'll have more to come.....
1: With the pump/reservroi/leakshield combo, how do I wire that up? SATA power to the pump? the included USB cable into the Leakshield? The two other cables in the box do they go to the Octo or do I run one from the Leakshield to the Pump then one from the Pump to the Octo? I have another USB cable in the mail with the Octo boards, I assume I wire that into the pump and then to an Octo for PWM//Aquasuite control of the pump? Or am I completely lost here?

Remayz

Montag, 26. Dezember 2022, 16:09

when you say Octo boards with an S, it's a bit scary ^^
you can use splitters to connect all your fans. one octo can manage a ridiculous number of fans already. If you have two 480 rads and say a back exhaust fan, you can use one channel per radiator and one for the back fan.
For the connexions, all should be explained in the manuals.
It's a long list, but there are english manuals to download :

https://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html

Octo, D5 Next and Leakshield connect through USB to the motherboard. there's no interconnexion between them. it is all done through USB.
for the D5, sata power to the power supply, and USB to the motherboard USB2 header
For the leakshield : usb connextion to the motherboard
For the Octo : PATA (molex) power from the PSU and USB to the motherboard.

The D5 is controlled as its own device on Aquasuite, you don't control it with the Octo. the Octo will only serve as control for your fans.

Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2022, 05:22

when you say Octo boards with an S, it's a bit scary ^^
you can use splitters to connect all your fans. one octo can manage a ridiculous number of fans already. If you have two 480 rads and say a back exhaust fan, you can use one channel per radiator and one for the back fan.
For the connexions, all should be explained in the manuals.
It's a long list, but there are english manuals to download :

https://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html

Octo, D5 Next and Leakshield connect through USB to the motherboard. there's no interconnexion between them. it is all done through USB.
for the D5, sata power to the power supply, and USB to the motherboard USB2 header
For the leakshield : usb connextion to the motherboard
For the Octo : PATA (molex) power from the PSU and USB to the motherboard.

The D5 is controlled as its own device on Aquasuite, you don't control it with the Octo. the Octo will only serve as control for your fans.
THANK YOU my good sir. This should be very straightforward.