• 24.04.2024, 14:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 Next Flow Rate Correction Factor Range & Adjustment - Slider vs Up/Down Arrows and Entry Box

Sonntag, 1. Januar 2023, 01:20

When I got my D5N and HFN installed in my test loop, I tried to calibrate the D5N Flow Rate by kinking a soft tube, but the result was about 100 l/hr. lower than the HFN flow rate. I was advised that installing a ball valve would result in a more accurate calibration so I bought and installed a ball valve then did the calibration again. The D5N flow rate got closer to the HFN flow rate but was still about 50 l/hr. lower. I know the HFN flow rate is much more accurate than the D5N flow rate but my OCD wants them to be the same or at least close. To get the D5N flow rate closer to the HFN flow rate, I tried adjusting the Correction Factor for the D5N flow rate after doing the calibration.

When I click the Correction Factor up/down arrows, the numbers increment or decrement in 0.1% steps to a max of +/- 10.0%. If I drag the slider from end to end, the range is +/- 25.0%. I found that adding a correction factor of approximately +22% gets the flow rates really close, but it's quite difficult to drag the slider to exactly +22%. I got it close and then tried to use the up/down arrows to jog it to exactly 22%. I discovered that when I have the slider pulled to the right to any value greater than 10.0%, when I click the up/down arrows it jumps back to 10.0%. The same thing happens for values less than -10.0%. I cannot use the slider to get close to a value greater than +10.0% or less than -10.0% and then tweak it in with the up/down arrows. I also can't type in a value greater than 10.0% or less than -10.0% because the box turns red and will not accept the input. For some reason, the slider allows adjustment from -25.0% to +25.0% but the up/down arrows and number box only allow values from -10.0% to +10.0%.

1. Why does the slider allow me to adjust from -25.0% to +25.0% but the up/down arrows and number box only allow values between -10.0% and +10.0%?
  2. If I pull the slider to a value greater than +10.0% or less than -10.0%, why do the up/down arrows jump to +10.0% or -10.0% instead off adjusting the value based on the slider position?
  3. Is this the intended behavior or a bug?
  4. With no Corrector Factor, how close should I expect the D5N flow rate to be to the HFN flow rate, bearing in mind that I am using distilled water and not DP Ultra?
For reference:
  • This is a test loop with no blocks in the loop yet so flow restriction is very low.
  • Loop is Pump → RAD → HFN → Spinner Flow Indicator → Ball Valve → Pump.
  • The coolant is distilled water with Primochill Liquid Utopia algaecide & corrosion inhibitor. I understand that the flow rate values may be off due to not using DP Ultra (which I have but am saving for when I install the "real" loop).
  • The D5N is set to 50%.
  • D5N reported speed is 3470 RPM.
  • HFN reported flow rate is 255 l/hr..
  • D5N reported flow rate is 213 l/hr. (after calibration and with 0 Correction Factor).
  • Coolant temp is 30.5°C.
  • The water is deareated.
  • The computer was idling during the calibration process.

Insights are appreciated. Oh and Happy New Year to the Aquacomputer reps and all of the very helpful people that make this forum great. Let's all hope that 2023 will be a better year than 2022 was. 8o :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (3. Januar 2023, 00:57)

Sonntag, 1. Januar 2023, 07:35

It has been my experience that it is not worth paying much attention to the Virtual Flow Sensor of the D5NEXT.

I had first an old high flow sensor and later the high flow NEXT, in both cases it has been impossible to adjust the values stably, because the fluctuations of the calculated values of the virtual D5 "sensor" are more than factor 10 higher than the measured ones of the real sensors.

The question of the adjustment had also arisen to me, but it was not important to me, because I had an exact value by the sensor.

I think the software sensor of the D5NEXT is useful in a system without a real sensor, but not if there are reliable measurements, there it is good at most for confirmation in case of a sensor error or loss of flow due to clogging.

Also from me all a happy and above all healthy new year :thumbsup:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)</iframe>
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 1. Januar 2023, 19:05

Yes I realize that the D5 Next virtual flow sensor is not accurate at all, and it more of a flow/no flow indicator. The post is really about the Correction Factor, and why the slider goes from -25.0% to +25.0% but the up/down arrows and the value entry box only allow from -10.0% to +10.0%. I think its a bug, or maybe just sloppy programming, but before I file it away as such, I would like to make sure that it is not me understanding something.

Montag, 2. Januar 2023, 08:40

he post is really about the Correction Factor, and why the slider goes from -25.0% to +25.0% but the up/down arrows and the value entry box only allow from -10.0% to +10.0%
this is changed in the next version to +/- 25%

Dienstag, 3. Januar 2023, 00:57

The post is really about the Correction Factor, and why the slider goes from -25.0% to +25.0% but the up/down arrows and the value entry box only allow from -10.0% to +10.0%
this is changed in the next version to +/- 25%
Thank you! :)