• 16.04.2024, 09:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

NZXT H1 Case external rad, Octo / Farbwerk 360 check for understanding

Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2023, 21:25

Good afternoon,

A little information to start: I'm working on a NZXT H1 Case (small form factor) with a 1080 external rad with Lian Li SL 120 v1 fans (9 in total) will use about 3 ft (1 meter) of ZMT soft tubing for the run. My plan is to redo the fan wiring with new wires and sleeve them, probably end up doing a 4x2 (8 pin EPS connector at the QDC fittings to keep things simple). Running a 9700k, Founders edition 3080Ti on EK FE water block. For the 8 pin EPS connector, one row will be all PWM ( ground, positive 12v, RPM signal/tach, PWM signal), the top will be aRGB (ground, data out, positive 5v). That is my current plan.

What I'm trying to ensure I understand correctly. The Farbwerk can control 90 leds per channel, with the Lian Li SL120 v1 fans running 92 leds per triple fan set, can I pull power for the Farbwerk from the aRGB connector? Or would it be better to run a separate 5v wire to power the Farbwerk (for the molex power), jump a ground wire and be satisfied? Each triple set of SL120's on a single Farbwerk channel. I would like to add a temperature sensor on the radiator end tank, and plug into the Farbwerk.

I'll be mounting the Octo inside the H1 Case for control of the two case fans, FLT80 DDC pump and 2 internal RGBpx led strips. Will the Aquabus connector on the Octo be able to operate the Farbwerk? Or is a custom 4 ft internal usb connector needed to run everything as planned?

I hope this is not confusing. This will be the gaming rig/home theatre host for my fiancé. My main PC is utilizing the aqua suite system with amazing user satisfaction, perfect control over every aspect desired. Thank you

Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2023, 22:12

Since I have a spare Sata connector right next to the door hinge of the case where the old fan controller was. I could pull the 5 volt power, power the Octo and the Farbwerk (depending on the power consumption).

Or is there any other options, I may be missing?

Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2023, 18:04

Will the Aquabus connector on the Octo be able to operate the Farbwerk?
No. You must connect the OCTO and the Farbwerk360 with USB to the motherboard.

Since I have a spare Sata connector right next to the door hinge of the case where the old fan controller was. I could pull the 5 volt power, power the Octo and the Farbwerk (depending on the power consumption).
The OCTO requires 5V and 12V. The Farbwerk360 only needs 5V.

The SATA power connector is rated for 4.5A load. The Molex power connector is rated for 11A on each Pin.
The hightest possible Load on the OCTO and Farbwerk360 is higher than 4.5A, thats why they use a Molex Connector.

Freitag, 13. Januar 2023, 19:24

The SATA power connector is rated for 4.5A load. The Molex power connector is rated for 11A on each Pin.
The hightest possible Load on the OCTO and Farbwerk360 is higher than 4.5A, thats why they use a Molex Connector.

Thanks for this. Was curious why they used Molex instead of SATA.

Samstag, 14. Januar 2023, 02:26

The use of Molex power connectors is definitely because the devices need more power than a SATA power connection can safely provide. I noticed that the latest Lion Li RGB and fan controller actually has 2 SATA power cables because their Infinity fans have 40 LEDs each. I ran into a few people on Reddit trying to figure out how to attach these fans to RGBpx ports and, like the Corsair QL series fans (34 LEDs each), you can only put 2 fans on an RGBpx port. One guy had 16 Infinity fans, which would require 8 RGBpx ports. Two Farbwerk360's would do it but there is still no way to sync them. Aquacomputer mentioned that they were going to add RGBpx port sync a few months ago but I never heard any more about it. I don't know if they plan to make any/all RGBpx ports sync-able or just the ports on dedicated RGBpx controllers like the Farbwerk360. Being able to sync multiple RGBpx ports would be a huge improvement to the RGBpx platform. I hope they actually do it. It would also be nice if they would allow more than 90 LEDs to be assigned to a port but with a forced reduction in brightness. I think they base the 90-LED limit on worst case (all white, 100% brightness) when in reality, most people never do that. Maybe they could do something like have a check box to enable up to 120-LEDs, but at 85% brightness. One can hope...

Remayz

Samstag, 14. Januar 2023, 10:59

that would be a microcontroller issue then.
allowing more than 90 led would force them to disable a port probably
the controller can do 360 leds at 30 fps (just an example, i dont know the numbers) and doing 4x120 leds instead would make that 20 fps maybe, or less. they would have to cut a channel to keep the refresh rate decent