• 16.04.2024, 08:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

L0wPull

External USB hub for 4 devices

Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023, 09:10

Hello,
I have a Next, a Quadro, and about to grab two Farbwerk Nano's, all of which are external to the pc.
I currently have two USB-A cables running from Next and Quadro to the PC, and will soon have 2 more, 1 for earch of the Nano's.
I'd like to avoid running 4 usb cables to the pc if possible, will these devices work OK if plugged into a USB hub, with then one uplink to the PC?
Would it need to be a powered hub to provide enough juice for up to 360 led's (90 per channel) and if so, is 0,5A per channel ("standard" usb draw, without enabling 2A limit) sufficient to drive 90 LED's?

Thanks for any tips/advice you might have :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »L0wPull« (15. Januar 2023, 09:24)

Remayz

Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023, 15:55

use a powered USB hub, with its own power supply.

Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023, 23:04

will these devices work OK if plugged into a USB hub, with then one uplink to the PC?
Yes.
is 0,5A per channel ("standard" usb draw, without enabling 2A limit) sufficient to drive 90 LED's?
The Farbwerk will be lowering the brightness of the LEDs to save power.
90 LEDs will work with 0.5A, but they wont light as bright as with 2A.

You already have a Power supply for the Next and Quadro. It might be easier to buy a Farbwerk 360, and use the Molex Connector on the Farbwerk360 to supply Power.
Then you can get any USB Hub, and you dont need a powered usb hub. And the Farbwerk360 provides 2A to each RGBpx channel.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (15. Januar 2023, 23:20)

Montag, 16. Januar 2023, 08:06

For best compatibility I would recommend Aquacomputer's own Hubby7 :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 17. Januar 2023, 17:52

If you connect all those devices to the Hubby and connect the Hubby to the PCs USB will each device show up in Aquasuite as individual devices?
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2023, 02:43

If you connect all those devices to the Hubby and connect the Hubby to the PCs USB will each device show up in Aquasuite as individual devices?
Yes each device will show up in Aquasuite. I have an Octo, D5 Next, High Flow Next, Leakshield, and 2 Farbwerk360's divided between 2 internal USB hubs (Hubby7 and NZXT Gen-3).The tabs for each device appear when they are connected via USB and establish communication with Aquasuite. Using a hub to bring them all in is fine.

L0wPull

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 09:05

Thank you @bartdude, @Hufeisen @Remayz for your replies and suggestions :)
I think given I have molex power going out to the Quadro together with the pumps/res, I can easily add one more and power a farbwerk 360
I will then put a basic usb2 hub there to provide a single upstream connection, with each of the connected devices being self-powered I can go simple with the hub.

Thanks again!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »L0wPull« (19. Januar 2023, 13:47)

Freitag, 20. Januar 2023, 05:42

Yes each device will show up in Aquasuite. I have an Octo, D5 Next, High Flow Next, Leakshield, and 2 Farbwerk360's divided between 2 internal USB hubs (Hubby7 and NZXT Gen-3).The tabs for each device appear when they are connected via USB and establish communication with Aquasuite. Using a hub to bring them all in is fine.

Cool. I assume you have a sata power connection for the Hubby for that many items or are you using the USB power from the MB?

Thanks...Al
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Samstag, 21. Januar 2023, 12:33

If you use external power with a hubby7, you loose the USB 5V from the MB.
This may be an issue if some of the devices plugged into the hubby7 need 5v while the computer is turned off (e.g. flow next)

L0wPull

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 06:27

For best compatibility I would recommend Aquacomputer's own Hubby7 :)
Actually brilliant for many of my needs :D :thumbsup: "in der warenkorb..."....