• 23.04.2024, 10:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fan/RGB Control Help, Accessories recommendations

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 04:59

Hello all. I’m building a PC with a water cooling loop for the first time and am trying to piece together a solution for fan/rgb control (via aqua suite) and get recommendations on what if any accessories I may “need” for my build. I have ordered the majority of my components at this point. Really all that remains is tubing/fitting + rgb/fan control (plus whatever accessories you fine people recommend :D).

PC Part Picker Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gdRZmr

List and/or details of RGB/Fan Components:

Fans:
Be Quiet 140mm High Speed Fans (10X)
4 Pin-PWM
5W Max Power Consumption
5V 3-pin ARGB - 20 LEDS
Fans will be in groups of 3 (for my rads), with 1 solo fan.

RAM:
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2x16)
Model Number: F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
RGB enabled

Mobo:
ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI
Has RGB “AURA” on IO Shroud
3 3-pin addressable Gen 2 RGB Headers
1 4-pin AURA RGB Header
1 4-pin CPU Fan header
1 4-pin CPU OPT Fan header
1 4-pin AIO Pump header
5 4-pin Chassis Fan headers

Pump/Res:
Aquacomputer ULTITUBE D5 150 PRO LEAKSHIELD Reservoir with D5 NEXT Pump

Case:
Lian Li V3000+
5V 3-pin ARGB - 56 LEDs

Ideally, I would like to be able to control the lighting for all of these components in aquasuite (with individual control, although each 3 fan set could count as one unit to be controlled and I wouldn’t care) along with the fans. It looks like the pump/res I got has temperature monitoring, it might be nice to be able to control fans based on loop temp (although if this isn’t recommended, please let me know).

If there are any recommendations someone has for the tubing/fittings, please send my way! I would like black fittings and I plan to go soft line for this build.

Any comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 19:24

As a follow up, i tried to map out what a solution might look like. It doesn't look like the mobo and ram can be synced, but i would be pleased to be corrected on that:

farbwerk 360
RGBpx Splitty12 ACTIVE (using 3pin ARGB) : 3 fans - 60 LEDS
RGBpx Splitty12 ACTIVE (using 3pin ARGB): 1 fan, lian li case - 76 LEDS

D5 Next
RGBpx Splitty12 ACTIVE - (using RGBpx): Ultitube 150 pro (13 LEDS), Leakshield (6 LEDS), 2 Led Strips that come with farbwork 360 (15 LEDs each, 30 LEDS total)

QUADRO fan controller for PWM fans 10 fans: 3x3 fans on splitters, 1 solo

The underlined items are what i'm thinking of as communications hubs which feed to mobo.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 20:26

for the Farbwerk360, you can take simple RGB splitter cables and connect them to the FW360. It has enough power to light them all without problem. You'd need a splitty 12 if you have the need for SATA power because too much lighting :)

I may keep a splitty12 for the fan + case strip. If you get that one to white, it may trip the RGB port protection (if it happens, the leds would shut off, and you'd receive a message in Aquasuite telling you you exceeded the maximum current and the port has been turned off. after restarting the PC, it turns back on)

The leakshield controls its own LEDs so, no need to count them on another controller. Again, the D5 Next RGB port can control the ultitube and two strips as is. the ultitube RRGB ring has an in and out, so you can connect the strip there (maybe with a RGBpx extension).

Finally, you'll have 4 devices connected to the motherboard USB2 headers : D5, Quadro, Leakshield and FW360

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 20:40

@Remayz:

Thank you for chiming in!

Would you recommend using Splitty4s for the clustered fans or an extension/splitter cable? I was thinking the Splitty4 might be a little cleaner. For the D5 Next port, would you recommend a splitty 4 to connect the strips and ultitube?

What do you mean getting to white? Apologies if that is a dumb question, i'm such a noob when it comes to rgb (i've always gone stealth).

I'd also like to ask, are there any required or very nice to have accessories that I am totally omitting? I have some room to stretch on total spend.

I also am considering using signalrgb instead of (or maybe combined with) Aquasuite. It looks like i can control my mobo and ram rgb alongside what is fed into the farbwerk with that. It also sounds like they will build compatibility with the D5 next if i send them a usb capture.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JellyBelly« (19. Januar 2023, 20:46)

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 20:46

for the Farbwerk360, you can take simple RGB splitter cables and connect them to the FW360. It has enough power to light them all without problem. You'd need a splitty 12 if you have the need for SATA power because too much lighting :)

I may keep a splitty12 for the fan + case strip. If you get that one to white, it may trip the RGB port protection (if it happens, the leds would shut off, and you'd receive a message in Aquasuite telling you you exceeded the maximum current and the port has been turned off. after restarting the PC, it turns back on)

The leakshield controls its own LEDs so, no need to count them on another controller. Again, the D5 Next RGB port can control the ultitube and two strips as is. the ultitube RRGB ring has an in and out, so you can connect the strip there (maybe with a RGBpx extension).

Finally, you'll have 4 devices connected to the motherboard USB2 headers : D5, Quadro, Leakshield and FW360
Thank you for chiming in!

Would you recommend using Splitty4s for the clustered fans or an extension/splitter cable? I was thinking the Splitty4 might be a little cleaner. For the D5 Next port, would you recommend a splitty 4 to connect the strips and ultitube?

What do you mean getting to white? Apologies if that is a dumb question, i'm such a noob when it comes to rgb (i've always gone stealth).

I'd also like to ask, are there any required or very nice to have accessories that I am totally omitting? I have some room to stretch on total spend.

I also am considering using signalrgb instead of (or maybe combined with) Aquasuite. It looks like i can control my mobo and ram rgb alongside what is fed into the farbwerk with that. It also sounds like they will build compatibility with the D5 next if i send them a usb capture.

Apologies also for the double post. apparently i'm a forum noob too and can't figure out how to delete my last post.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JellyBelly« (19. Januar 2023, 20:47)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 20:59

going white is using white lighting. that's the worst case in terms of LED power usage since you light up all 3 color dies on each chip. that can cause the port on the controller to shut down if it pulls too much current.
On my end i had that happening on a channel where i have 4 strips connected (84 LEDs). other channels have 3 fans, bequiet Light Wings too, and they work just fine.

for the D5 Next, you only need RGBpx extensions. one to go from the D5 to the ultitube RGB ring, and one to go from the ring to the strips. no need to split. they will be seen on the D5 Next port as a 43 LED strip in that configuration.
you can attribute an effect from led 1 to led 13 and it would play only on the ultitube.. and another effect from led 14 to led 43 and it would play only on the strips.

You can use splitty4 with the fans if you want, if you have somewhere neat to mount them yes. it totally works.

Since you need Aquasuite to control the loop, you might as well use SignalRGB in conjunction to it, to control what Aquasuite does not. Aquasuite is so powerful in terms of customization, i don't think Signal would give you much that Aquasuite doesn't already do.

As for fans and pump control, from your first post, yes, you definitely have to use water temp to control their speed.
Better yet, you can add an ambient temperature sensor connected to any controller (FW360 have 4 temperature sensor inputs), and vary the fan speed based on the difference between your water temperature and the ambient temperature. that creates a fan curve that auto adjust to your room.

You can even control the lighting based on water or components temperature, or whatever you want.. too many possibilities to list

Freitag, 20. Januar 2023, 05:51

Not 100% sure but I think you may be able to sync the memory RGB with the MD. I have the Asus X670E Hero MB and was able to sync the CPU cooler with the MB RGB. Are you going to water cool the 4090?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (20. Januar 2023, 05:53)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Freitag, 20. Januar 2023, 07:44

going white is using white lighting. that's the worst case in terms of LED power usage since you light up all 3 color dies on each chip. that can cause the port on the controller to shut down if it pulls too much current.
On my end i had that happening on a channel where i have 4 strips connected (84 LEDs). other channels have 3 fans, bequiet Light Wings too, and they work just fine.

for the D5 Next, you only need RGBpx extensions. one to go from the D5 to the ultitube RGB ring, and one to go from the ring to the strips. no need to split. they will be seen on the D5 Next port as a 43 LED strip in that configuration.
you can attribute an effect from led 1 to led 13 and it would play only on the ultitube.. and another effect from led 14 to led 43 and it would play only on the strips.

You can use splitty4 with the fans if you want, if you have somewhere neat to mount them yes. it totally works.

Since you need Aquasuite to control the loop, you might as well use SignalRGB in conjunction to it, to control what Aquasuite does not. Aquasuite is so powerful in terms of customization, i don't think Signal would give you much that Aquasuite doesn't already do.

As for fans and pump control, from your first post, yes, you definitely have to use water temp to control their speed.
Better yet, you can add an ambient temperature sensor connected to any controller (FW360 have 4 temperature sensor inputs), and vary the fan speed based on the difference between your water temperature and the ambient temperature. that creates a fan curve that auto adjust to your room.

You can even control the lighting based on water or components temperature, or whatever you want.. too many possibilities to list

That is very useful to know on the Next and the ability to link up with the ultitube . I appreciate you pointing out. I ended up getting an FW360, a Quadro, 3 Splitty 4s, a Splitty 12, and a 70cm temp sensor cable (one also comes with Quadro).

I think ill run each 3 fan cluster to a splitty 4 mounted behind the inner wall of my case (the Lian Li V3000+ has so much space for this) and run my exhaust fan on the same splitty as the exhaust rad cluster. Will run the 3 light strips to the splitty12 (also mounted behind the inner wall). The Quadro and FW360 will go back there too. Will have to figure out how to mount though. Will likely require a few extension cables, case is on special order drop shipped from Lian-Li and I would have measured out and ordered already if the vendor would hurry up :). Also need this to measure out my loop and order.

I need to figure out temp sensor placement. I live in a warm climate (one of the warmest on the planet in the summer time). I keep my apartment cool but an ac can only do so much, wouldn’t setting to a temperature delta like that in that scenario potentially be a bad idea?

One other thing I’m kind of wondering: is there a way to program an IR remote to turn all of the rgbs off?

@Methodical By “MD”, did you mean MB*? I can for sure sync mobo with ram, my issue is not being able to sync those components with all of my other lighting. It sounds like there might be a workaround though. Yeah I’m going to water cool the cpu and gpu. I bought Optimus blocks for both of them, I’m really looking forward to it. It’s going to make for some awfully crispy 1440p 240hz gaming!