• 18.04.2024, 12:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

OLED screen for Aquaero 6 - will it come?

Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2023, 22:45

I would love if I could replace the very "weak" looking Aquaero 6 screen with one that matches the OLED screens found on my D5 NEXT pump and on my High Flow NEXT flowmeter.

Just a suggestion - but perhaps this is already in the making? Behind the scenes? :)
/MotoMazz

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 05:32

Aquacomputer is pretty tight-lipped with their developments, but I believe the aquaero LT may be the only version that is not on it's way to eol. 5¼" bays are just not available in cases anymore.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 12:17

Yeah, I guess that's the way things go these days.

It's not a BIG issue for me. But looking at those nice, crisp and sharp OLED displays - and then glancing over to my Aquaero... well, it just doesn't get me as excited like it used to! :D
/MotoMazz

Remayz

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 17:45

well if it's an old LCD, at least, you won't have OLED burn-in :)
that's the trade off with oled, it's shiny AF, but not necesarely for too long.

Sonntag, 29. Januar 2023, 22:53

I would love a dedicated screen to run gauges/graphs on from Aquasuite. Right now I have a second monitor in 450x1920, but everytime the pc goes to sleep it messes up the screen layouts, too much of a hassle. I'd buy a dedicated 7" or 8" screen in a heartbeat.

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2023, 00:40

I've been hoping for such a thing ever since i bought my Aquaero 5 and after 2229 days, 22 hours, and 9 minutes of run time, i've pretty much given up on such hopes. I highly doubt they'll release another Aquaero. It's obvious where things were going when they didn't grandfather in people who already had devices to continue getting software updates when they changed to a subscription type service for them considering how much these devices cost to begin with. It's like buying a new BMW and finding out you need to pay extra to turn on the heated seats you already paid for. So far my Audi doesn't do that.... yet.
https://aquasuite.aquacomputer.de/cf549952-84b5-46f3-8830-49c5155c3f95.png

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2023, 12:43

Well, I'm just hoping for a replacement screen - not a new Aquaero.

But... a new Aquaero LT with the possibility of adding an external screen would be very cool.
/MotoMazz

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2023, 12:45

I would love a dedicated screen to run gauges/graphs on from Aquasuite. Right now I have a second monitor in 450x1920, but everytime the pc goes to sleep it messes up the screen layouts, too much of a hassle. I'd buy a dedicated 7" or 8" screen in a heartbeat.
A wireless version of the VISION, being able to display data from an Aquaero LT could be very, very cool!
/MotoMazz

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2023, 15:47

I don't own an Aquaero so can't comment on the quality of the display. I am surprised that OP is looking at the OLED displays in his D5N and HFN and wishing that the Aquaero had an OLED display like these. This tells me that the Aquaero display must be TERRIBLE because when I look at the OLED displays in my D5N, HFN and LKS, I wish they would update them to a nice, higher resolution, color display. I actually posted about this about 2 weeks ago in THIS THREAD with links to a few of the options out there. There are small color OLED, LCD, and TFT displays out there that really POP, cost under $5, and would look great in Aquacomputer devices. There are a bunch of examples HERE.