• 16.04.2024, 18:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

jpbcx43

Moving from Corsair to Aquacomputer components

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 15:19

Good morning all,

I currently have a Corsair setup, and have a Next 100 PRO Pump/Reservoir Combo with LEAKSHIELD on the way. I also have a 150 glass tube to replace the 100, as I could not find the 150 combo in stock anywhere. The plan is to get rid of iCUE and stick with Aquasuite.

I have 4 Corsair SP120's on the side of my 7000X case, a 420mm top rad with 3 ML140's, a front 420mm rad with 3 ML140's, and a rear SP140 exhaust fan. Total of 11 fans. I do not do fancy RGB lighting - just a slow cross fade between white and a slight tint of blue.

I have 2 Splitty4's on order, and just wanted to confirm these are the proper components to power these PWM fans and RGB, as well as control fan speed with the D5 Next's internal coolant temp sensor.

I understand I can connect a total of 4 fans per Splitty4, so that would be a total of 8 Corsair fans. Do I need to connect a single Splitty4 to the D5 Next, and then daisy chain the other Splitty4 to the one connected to the D5 Next to control the 11 fans, as well as the RGB ring on the D5?

I appreciate any advice on how to successfully control 11 fans - both speed and basic RGB, allow for the RGB ring control, as well as control fan speed with coolant temp. Will this setup also allow for fan and possibly pump speed control standalone, if the software isn't running, or does that require a Quadro or Octo?

EDIT: I do have an Octo on order.....but not sure when it'll be in stock.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jpbcx43« (26. Januar 2023, 16:49)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 18:00

the Octo will have two RGB outputs. So you can use one with two splitty 4 daisy chained and the third on the second channel for example.
with the Next RGB output you can connect the reservoir LED ring alone.
then you'll have a PWM channel per splitty 4, and a PWM channel for your back fan. for the back fan, you could connect its RGB cable to the top rad splitty 4, just to get the fade effect chaining correctly.

The only thing with the Octo RGB is that it lacks some features you find on the Farbwerk360 like effect stacking and transparency. but that may not be an issue for you if you like simple lighting.

For speed control, ideally you want the aquasuite service to run to get the most of all it offers in terms of fancy control, but if you need basic speed control based off water temp, you can connect a water temp sensor to the Octo and set fan curves off that sensor. If the service is stopped or you work on another OS like Linux, the control will always work in hardware mode, a bit like it was done with the corsair commander units.

jpbcx43

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 20:16

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jpbcx43« (26. Januar 2023, 21:46)

jpbcx43

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 21:45

the Octo will have two RGB outputs. So you can use one with two splitty 4 daisy chained and the third on the second channel for example.
with the Next RGB output you can connect the reservoir LED ring alone.
then you'll have a PWM channel per splitty 4, and a PWM channel for your back fan. for the back fan, you could connect its RGB cable to the top rad splitty 4, just to get the fade effect chaining correctly.

The only thing with the Octo RGB is that it lacks some features you find on the Farbwerk360 like effect stacking and transparency. but that may not be an issue for you if you like simple lighting.

For speed control, ideally you want the aquasuite service to run to get the most of all it offers in terms of fancy control, but if you need basic speed control based off water temp, you can connect a water temp sensor to the Octo and set fan curves off that sensor. If the service is stopped or you work on another OS like Linux, the control will always work in hardware mode, a bit like it was done with the corsair commander units.
Thank you very much for your help!

One additional question: Since I still have the Corsair XC7 CPU block, and the Corsair XG7 GPU block - is there a specific adapter I need in order to control RGB for those? I believe they are the proprietary Corsair 3 pin JST connectors, but I'm not sure what I need for RGB to utilize the Octo/Splitty's.

Seems I may need to plug these directly into my mobo, but I am not sure I have those headers.
Thanks in advance

Remayz

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 21:51

they are not JST otherwise you'd have been able to use one of the adapters AC has. Corsair uses a small Molex connector.

To adapt you could go several routes. there's no direct corsair adapters to RGBpx that i know of, but you can go Corsair to standard ARGB, then ARGB to rgbpx :

The XG7 should come with a corsair to argb adapter cable, otherwise you can get one of those :
https://piratedog.tech/collections/rgb-adapters/products/aura-mystic-light-motherboard-a-rgb-to-corsair-rgb-adapter

Then you would need something like this to connect to an octo or Next controller
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3829

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3764

Or if you ever consider getting a Farbwerk360, it already has standard ARGB connectors besides the RGBpx ones, so you'd only need the corsair adapter, or the piratedog tech adapter cable.
And since the XC7 daisy chains to the XG7, you only need one channel to control both.
if you want to connect to the motherboard for now, you already have everything you need if you didn't lose the XG7 adapter ;)

jpbcx43

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 22:05

they are not JST otherwise you'd have been able to use one of the adapters AC has. Corsair uses a small Molex connector.

To adapt you could go several routes. there's no direct corsair adapters to RGBpx that i know of, but you can go Corsair to standard ARGB, then ARGB to rgbpx :

The XG7 should come with a corsair to argb adapter cable, otherwise you can get one of those :
https://piratedog.tech/collections/rgb-adapters/products/aura-mystic-light-motherboard-a-rgb-to-corsair-rgb-adapter

Then you would need something like this to connect to an octo or Next controller
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3829

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3764

Or if you ever consider getting a Farbwerk360, it already has standard ARGB connectors besides the RGBpx ones, so you'd only need the corsair adapter, or the piratedog tech adapter cable.
And since the XC7 daisy chains to the XG7, you only need one channel to control both.
if you want to connect to the motherboard for now, you already have everything you need if you didn't lose the XG7 adapter ;)
You must have been watching me sift through my box of unused / unopened parts - because I was searching for and just found my adapters prior to reading your reply hehe!!! I'll give this a test just using mobo for now.

Thank you very much for your help. I cannot wait to uninstall iCUE :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup: