• 16.04.2024, 16:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

MSI Z790 Carbon not recognised, cpu usage wrong

Sonntag, 29. Januar 2023, 22:46

Hello,

Running an Octo with Aquasuite X.64 insider on an MSI Carbon Z790 DDR5 board and having some issues. The motherboard is not recognised as a device so I can not access MB temperatures etc. All devices connected to it like M.2 drives are visible. I also noticed the cpu usage % are way off, showing almost no usage but when I check windows taskmanager I can see almost all cores doing 50%+.

Will aquasuite be updated to support new motherboards?
»Dasher« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • 2023-01-29 22_48_55-Task Manager.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dasher« (29. Januar 2023, 22:55)

RE: MSI Z790 Carbon not recognised, cpu usage wrong

Montag, 30. Januar 2023, 00:26

Hello,

Running an Octo with Aquasuite X.64 insider on an MSI Carbon Z790 DDR5 board and having some issues. The motherboard is not recognised as a device so I can not access MB temperatures etc. All devices connected to it like M.2 drives are visible. I also noticed the cpu usage % are way off, showing almost no usage but when I check windows taskmanager I can see almost all cores doing 50%+.

Will aquasuite be updated to support new motherboards?
You might have more luck using HWINFO64 with Shared Memory enabled. HWINFO is updated a lot more often than AQS and is more likely to support your mobo. If it doesn't, the author is very good about adding support for new hardware when requested. The Shared Memory feature works very well with AQS. HWINFO does all the polling, then AQS imports it via the Shared Memory feature of HWINFO. Note that there is a 12-hour restriction on Shared Memory unless you buy a license, which IMHO is worth every penny.

Once you have it set up, you can disable the direct polling in AQS. Its far more limited, and everything it does poll is covered by HWINFO so it would be redundant. I also know that HWIFO uses the proper mutex interlocks to queue polling requests, which ensures that there are no polling collisions. Some programs like Corsair iCue do not queue their polling requests, which can result in collisions, which can result in bad data or even system lockup. I think that AQS generally uses the proper mutex interlocks to queue their poll requests but I am not convinced that they have this implemented in every case. Best to let HWINFO do all sensor polling and disable the AQS polling.

Montag, 30. Januar 2023, 20:20

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I was trying to set it up to run stand-alone, HWinfo is one more program to need running. Trying to see if that has a better registration of core usage %.

[edit] Yeah, that is definitely better :D Thank you for the tip.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dasher« (30. Januar 2023, 20:34)

Remayz

Montag, 30. Januar 2023, 21:38

usually, HWinfo is updated to support stuff before it hits the market :)