• 18.04.2024, 21:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fan PID Control documentation

Montag, 6. Februar 2023, 12:56

PID Controller documentation:
When selecting the Custom values for the PID controller, the available values are nowhere near what is expected.
Even when attempting to simulate it through step response, they still seem unstable.

Therefore, it would be nice to have documentation on what each of those values do (P, I, D, delay time and hysteresis).

I currently assume them to be a factor 1000 (minus delay time and hysteresis [°C]).

I hope that the Aquasuite team can provide some answers to this question.

Best regards

AquaSuite PID

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2023, 22:03

Hi,

I'm going down a similar path. For some reason I can't get search for "PID" in the English forum to find anything, even though they are there. But seaches like +setpoint(>controller<PID) find some useful matches.

Here are two informative ones I've found: ( The first contains a somewhat definitive response by AquaComputer )

Aquasuite 2012: Set point controller question - English forum - Aqua Computer Forum

PID controller tuning - English forum - Aqua Computer Forum

Good luck !

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 12:40

Hi,

Second thread is actually mine.

I can go through how to obtain the step response to get better PID control values for the system.

What I'm specifically looking for is the equation they use, because when you calculate the values, they don't match.

My 'unstable' system is also a pretty loaded term.
Setting a factor of 1000 on each of the values gets me close to a stable PID control system, but the D variable throws the system a bit off (oscillations around the target temperature).

The delay time I used to test the system was 0,1 (although 0,5 works fine) and lowered the hysteresis to 0,0 to minimize any deviation I would see.

Since it only logs the values once every second, getting the precise results for the calculations can be a bit tricky.

AquaSuite PID - Using dT as setpoint

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 19:49

Hello,

You're ahead of me.

I'm currently using the PID with the setpoint as "dT" to control all my fans and the pump. I scale the case fans, radiator fans and pump to run at targeted minimum levels and the setpoint somewhat above my "typical" dT operating range. That way under normal operations the fans and pump typically run at their minimum levels and the PID output kicks on when I get sustained heavy loads or do overclocking runs.

This setup runs fine using AquaSuite's "Normal" controller speed. But under normal loads I get some output oscillations using "Faster(1)" and even more using "Fastest(2)". So I plan to use some combination of PID simulation software and tuning software to see if I can tune to get faster responses with no output oscillations.

It's not a big deal. For overclocking runs I normally just click on a Global Profile that sets the fans and pump to 100% before the run. I'm just trying to learn more about how the PID operates and can be tuned.