• 19.04.2024, 08:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 pump + 8mm/6mm tubing

Donnerstag, 9. März 2023, 11:32

Would there be any problems using the D5 Next pump with 8mm/6mm (Plug n Cool) tubing?

Remayz

Donnerstag, 9. März 2023, 12:31

most watercooling fittings have ~9 mm section, so you'll be sacrificing some water flow by going down to 6.
But if that's an issue, push-fit is so cheap you can still move to 10mm/8mm. Personally i'd start with those instead. Less restriction is always preferable.
As for the pump, i've never seen a NEXT throw a tantrum because it doesn't have shiny bitspower or EK fittings attached :p

Freitag, 10. März 2023, 03:09

Think I'll stick with 8/6 fittings as I got $50 in tubing and about 30 fittings. Once I get my RX 7900 XT and a new 27" monitor paid off I'll revisit your suggestions Remayz to go 10/8. I fell over when I saw the cost of the Legris 10/8 G1/4 fittings.

Remayz

Freitag, 10. März 2023, 04:03

Well my rambling is very theoretical.

In the end, if the temps are good and you have enough flow for the waterblocks to work correctly, that's all good. going 6mm will limit the max flow rate of the pump, but in practice the flow will only drift from "very overkill" to "overkill" probably ^^

Freitag, 10. März 2023, 04:22

I forgot to mention that I've been experimenting with some new 8/6 tubing as was never really happy with the Plug N Cool semi clear. The stuff I'm trying out is much more expensive ($3.50 a foot), but it is extremely clear, impervious to anything you would put in it, and it can be autoclaved if you really want it clean. I clean it with alcohol and a fiber brush. It is FEP tubing made by a company called Altaflo here New Jersey. I assume it is also manufactured in the EU as well