• 16.04.2024, 19:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New (sorta) Lots of questions!

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 16:53

Hi! I've been using OCTO and QUADRO in a couple of my systems I've built but haven't really ventured into much of the deeper functionality of Aquasuite other than the fan and temperature monitoring and I'm planning a much more complicated build incorporating more of ACs products (they're unbelievable, I don't understand why EVERY water cooled build doesn't at least use a QUADRO). I do, however, find that the lack of resources to support AC products makes the barrier of entry a little difficult but maybe that adds to the niche (dare I suggest elitism) of the product. :)

So I've bought a stand alone LEAKSHIELD, AQUERO 6LT, and a High Flow NEXT to incorporate in my build this time around and have a bunch of questions! (EDIT: I'm using two banks for LianLi Unifans so I only need 2 fan control headers)

Leakshield:
I bought the stand along version and I'm using a distro plate (a couple actually).
Does it only work when connected to the fill port and left with the 100 ml of air gap?
If my rad is above my fill port, will that be a problem?
I'd REALLY like to use Go Chiller graphene coolant (because I want black and it's supposed to perform well), is this a problem for the Leakshield?
Anyone have any links to how they used their leakshield stand alone?

AQUERO 6LT
How is this different from the OCTO or QUADRO? Seems very similar
Can someone explain the benefits to using Aquabus (for the components I have listed)?
Opinion: am I better off with the octo or quadro? I have a spare quadro I haven't used.

High Flow NEXT
Is the graphene fluid going to be a problem? I assume that the coolant quality measurement will not be accurate and can live with that

Much more complicated question will come later when I ask about remote monitoring as I'd like to set that up for all my PCs that are running aquasuite.

Thank you very much in advance for you help, I'm very excited to get this system rolling!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ATR911« (17. März 2023, 16:55)

RE: New (sorta) Lots of questions!

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 19:16

...I don't understand why EVERY water cooled build doesn't at least use a QUADRO). I do, however, find that the lack of resources to support AC products makes the barrier of entry a little difficult but maybe that adds to the niche (dare I suggest elitism) of the product...

I think the phrase in bold lettering answers your question as to why many probably don't use AQ products. The manuals leaves a lot to be desired. It almost kept me from diving in but I am too stubborn and wanted to figure it out. Fortunately InfoSeeker and Sebastion were able to answer my questions and I found a thread (see below) that help me understand how to setup controllers...trial and error also help me get my system set up the way I wanted it too. I don't need nor want too many complex controls in my system. I just have simple fan controllers that run the fans for my GPU and CPU water loops based on water temperature and that keeps my system in check. I don't need all the other fancy controllers for my system, so I am able to keep my sanity in check.
Guides and Videos that help beginners

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (17. März 2023, 20:05)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

AQ 6

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 19:37

I have the AQ6 XT that I purchased back in 2016 that sat unused until this year. One of the reasons I bought it back then was because I wanted to see what was going on with the system and it was prominent back then because computer cases had 5 1/4 bays . Fast forward several years now and the Octo and Quadro exists making the AQ6 pretty much obsolete for my build. I will be updating my 2nd PC and I am not even considering an AQ6 of any kind because the Octo or Quadro can do all that I need and will be easy to install, plus the new cases no longer have 5 1/4 bays to install the AQ6 for display, so you have to find a location to mount the unit. I can't speak on which is better because, personally, I don't look at it that way. I look at it as what is best for the build. However, with my limited knowledge, I do believe the AQ is more expandable than the Octo and Quadro, meaning you can connect other devices to it, such as the Octo, Quadro, poweradjusts, X4 etc to expand the capabilities of the system. But you can't connect, say the X4, to the Octo or Quadro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (17. März 2023, 19:54)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 20:40

So the concensus is that the octo and quadro are probably adequate to handle all my needs. What about aquabus? Does connecting the high flow NEXT to the aquabus connection on the Aquero LT open up any more functionality or monitoring? I understand that the High flow still needs to be connected to USB regardless if you want to control the RGB?

Remayz

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 21:53

aquabus is mostly useful if you want an Aquaero to control the loop completely independently, as when you'd use Linux, or other cases where you can't install or run aquasuite.
If you're just using it in windows like 99,9% of people, just use USB and then Quadro and Octo are totally fine.
Aquabus is pretty much a legacy feature at this point, nice to have if your use case falls in the small niche where it makes sense :)

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 22:17

Any feedback on non AC coolants working with the leakshield and the NEXT flow sensor?

Samstag, 18. März 2023, 08:47

Until now, it was always discouraged to use coolants with particles, because they can damage both the pump and flow sensors.
In addition, these particles also tend to get stuck in the microfins of the coolers.

I cannot say whether this problem also exists with Go Chiller, but I would assume so.

The LEAKSHIELD has no problems, it should never come into contact with the coolant.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Samstag, 18. März 2023, 12:58

... but if it does, the particles can clog the leakshield membrane too.

Samstag, 18. März 2023, 18:50

Any feedback on non AC coolants working with the leakshield and the NEXT flow sensor?
Don't use EK Cryofuel if you want to use the High Flow Next Water Quality sensor. This is a conductivity sensor that can measure from 2 to 200 uS/cm. Aquacomputer DP Ultra conductivity starts out very low - around 5uS/cm. The conductivity increases over time. When it reaches 100uS/cm they recommend replacing the coolant. EK Cryofuel spec states that its conductivity is 1.04ms/cm (1040uS/cm). This is over 5X the maximum that the sensor can measure. The High Flow Next conductivity sensor will not work with EK Cryofuel. More generally, the High Flow Next and Leakshield have calibrated presets for DP Ultra. Its a great coolant. I have read many posts complaining about Cryofuel but have never seen a negative comment about DP Ultra. There may be other coolants out there that are not highly conductive, but if you are using Aquacomputer devices, it makes sense to use the coolant they are calibrated for.