• 19.04.2024, 21:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

overview pages in aquasuite x.66

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 03:17

I'm not sure if this is something that's a planned feature or has already been implemented and I just haven't found out about it, but what I'm looking to do is, on my overview pages, doesn't matter which one, I would like to have the usual gauges and animations, but also have like buttons that could switch a profile, or a slider, knob, whatever, to adjust fan speed right then and there IN the overview page without having to go diggling for the other device pages & leave the overview.
It kind of looks like that's what the playground was intended to become, possibly, but is not quite there yet, I'm not sure, maybe I'm not doing it right.

I tried making some quasi-controllable entities in playground but no dice. I checked the inputs page, virtual software sensors, and outputs page & it seems like there is provisions for implementing some kind of sliders or knobs but they just don't really translate into anything useful for me, or not something that I can make reliably work.

For example I tried making a slider input but i'm not sure how to actually LINK it with anything that i have that can be controlled, let alone makign it work in playground.

If there is a way to do this, it's not very intuitive & I couldnt' find any documentation so I hope someone else here has better luck with this than me and can share how they were able to achieve this successfully, if anyone has thus far

thanks in advance for any and all assistance with this, have a good day God bless
Caselabs STH10 Magnum, twin pedestals
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer MPS400- x2 - firmware 1012
aquacomputer Poweradjust 3- x2 - firmware 1010
aquacomputer farbwerk bluetooth
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 04:39

Being able to access the Input function from a display page has been mentioned before, but nothing implemented to date.

You are able to place an Input on the Taskbar.
At the bottom of the aquasuite Input design page is an option to 'Show in system tray'.
And from the Windows 'Personalization > Taskbar' settings page, you can specify if 'Aqua Computer Service Helper' is visible on the Taskbar itself

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 13:24

I'm surprised it has not already been implemented, as that is something that would be an obvious feature of something like this to me. That being said, do you or does anyone else know what the sliders & knobs are for in the playground? What do they do? How do we make them control something? I can't seem to figure it out.
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 12:11

Here is a quick little VIDEO I cobbled together that hopefully will break the ice for you on using inputs

Interfaces for Changing Fan Speeds

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 16:48

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experiences with what I believe is your ultimate goal: "to adjust fan speed right then and there IN the overview page without having to go digging for the other device pages & leave the overview.

The only way I've found to do this is to set up multiple Global Profiles which have separate, unique Local Profiles for the Aquaero's. First, using the Aquaero settings, pre-set the fan speeds to the unique, individual settings that you want to test. Save each local Aquaero set of settings ( with different fan speeds ) to a separate Local Profile. Then, set the Global Profiles to use each of the different Local Aquaero profiles, leaving the other device profiles unchanged.

Then, when you want to change fan speeds, just select the desired Global Profile from Aquasuite. ( or the System Tray )

I'm unaware of any other interfaces to use. I doubt there is an easier, more flexible way to do this.

I hope this makes sense.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 17:19

The Inputs do this but with a lot more options to play with basically.
You can add a slider for your fans to vary the speed instead of being a "one preset or the other" deal.
Such slider basically offsets the entire fan curve, so the fans are still driven by your water temperature, but you just increase or decrease the speed across the whole range.

Have a look at the top 3 sliders on my inputs for example

They basically allow to make the fan or pump curve be faster
Aaaand... inputs allow you to make more intricate stuff that profile switching can't when you add virtual sensors into the mix, like the fast cooling one i made that will blast the fans to full speed until the water temp drops to a setpoint i had defined, or the purge cycle to vary the pump speed on and off to purge air everytime i replace the coolant.

There's just too many options.. and that's definitely worth checking if you have need for more control than simply changing a profile.

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 18:02

How do you want to control your fans, automatically according to a temperature or manually?
I In combination with the software sensors, the virtual sensors and the playground, almost anything can be realized.

Interfaces for Changing Fan Speeds

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 22:39

Remayz,

Thanks for the explanation and examples. I now see how to combine the Input values and the water temperature values and interface them
into the fan controllers to vary the fan speeds. A much more flexible solution !

In my case, I only use two different Global profiles: "Normal" and "Overclocking". I also have Leakshield, which uses flow rates to adjust it's operation. So when I choose the Global Overclocking Profile, I set all the fans and the pump to 100%. That requires two sets of Local Profiles. A pair of Aquaero and Leakshield "Normal" Local Profiles; and a pair of "Overclocking" Local Profiles.

Thanks again !

Freitag, 31. März 2023, 08:04

Deleted post

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (31. März 2023, 08:09)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Dienstag, 18. April 2023, 21:33

Being able to access the Input function from a display page has been mentioned before, but nothing implemented to date.

You are able to place an Input on the Taskbar.
At the bottom of the aquasuite Input design page is an option to 'Show in system tray'.
And from the Windows 'Personalization > Taskbar' settings page, you can specify if 'Aqua Computer Service Helper' is visible on the Taskbar itself
I was just reviewing the POST introducing Inputs and Outputs since I have not messed with them since the ones I set up when they first released these features with Aquasuite X.45. In the post introducing these new features, Stephan said:

"How about being able to create a self-designed overview page on the desktop with dials for controlling the fans or the LED brightness? A switch for profile selection or a slider to quickly adjust temperatures? We were immediately enthusiastic about this and that's why we made it a reality with the new "Inputs" module.".

and further down in the post:

"Controls right on the desktop
In addition, the control elements are available on the self-designable overview pages and can thus be placed and operated directly on the desktop. They can be customized in size, position etc. as known.
Of course, any number of overview pages can be designed using the control elements
."

There were even pictures of control elements in an overview page and on the desktop. I thought these features were available since X.45 but I never actually tried to do it. Did they abandon this? I would try it right now but my rig is down due to installing some new goodies.

Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 02:53

This is something I, and others, were looking for, and apparently it has been there all the time. I love it!

desktop_input

Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 07:28

The inputs/outputs and virtual sensors are working an can be used for overview pages, devices and profiles.

You can realize almost everything with it.
You have to create and link what you need yourself. There are no templates because everyone needs something different. But you can create almost any function with the Playground itself.

Toggle

Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 12:58

@aquacomputer: TOGGLE_BUTTON

Remayz

RE : Toggle

Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 13:28

@aquacomputer: TOGGLE_BUTTON
I would love that. That would get rid of the reset buttons i had to use on my inputs menu above.
When making it i couldn't find how to toggle something.

Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 16:48

This is something I, and others, were looking for, and apparently it has been there all the time. I love it!

desktop_input
Thank you for checking on this and rediscovering that you CAN put controls tied to inputs in an overview page. I also had to add Resets and agree that a Toggle function would be very useful.

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 15:35

I guess my question is how do i link an input to an actual fan channel for example? What procedure is used to actually tie it together to where changing the slider or turning a knob will actually tell the output of that fan channel to increase or decrease accordignly?
The Inputs do this but with a lot more options to play with basically.
You can add a slider for your fans to vary the speed instead of being a "one preset or the other" deal.
Such slider basically offsets the entire fan curve, so the fans are still driven by your water temperature, but you just increase or decrease the speed across the whole range.

Have a look at the top 3 sliders on my inputs for example

They basically allow to make the fan or pump curve be faster
Aaaand... inputs allow you to make more intricate stuff that profile switching can't when you add virtual sensors into the mix, like the fast cooling one i made that will blast the fans to full speed until the water temp drops to a setpoint i had defined, or the purge cycle to vary the pump speed on and off to purge air everytime i replace the coolant.

There's just too many options.. and that's definitely worth checking if you have need for more control than simply changing a profile.
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Remayz

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 16:20

on the fan settings page, just under the fan curve, there's the "Controller override" section where you can click the little cog wheel icon and select an output offset source (the input button/slider you've created)

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 19:42

I guess my question is how do i link an input to an actual fan channel for example? What procedure is used to actually tie it together to where changing the slider or turning a knob will actually tell the output of that fan channel to increase or decrease accordignly?

check the video I posted above.
That example attaches the input to a Power Preset, but if you select a Curve Controller, it works the same