• 28.04.2024, 00:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

ManniX

Issues with new Aqua D5 pumps

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 14:55

I just bought 2 new Aqua D5 pumps last week and I have problems with both.

Had already 2 of them bought 3 years ago on a EK Revo Dual Serial, working perfectly fine.

I've added these other 2 on another EK Revo Dual Serial.
They are all connected to the 4 Fan inputs of the Aquaero 6 and configured as PWM.

These 2 new pumps are working, I have a flow meter and tested them one by one.

The issue with the 3rd is that the PWM range is different from the first 2.
To have it running at about 3300 rpm like the first two I have to set the min rpm at 10% instead of 35%.
Which is a bit of an issue cause ramping up it's going to end always with a different speed.

The 4th seems to just not responding to PWM.
It's basically stuck at 3700-3800 rpm and pushing like the others at full speed 4500-4800 rpm.
At 100% reports about 3700 rpm while going down to 10% the rpm goes up a little, about 3800 rpm.

Tested them on an OCTO just to double check with the same results.

Am I doomed and need to RMA them?

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 18:46

The issue with the 3rd is that the PWM range is different from the first 2.
To have it running at about 3300 rpm like the first two I have to set the min rpm at 10% instead of 35%.
Which is a bit of an issue cause ramping up it's going to end always with a different speed.
This is normal. Aquacomputer uses different electronics than EKWB for the Pump, with different PWM Settings.
If you set the PWM to 0%, the Aquacomputer D5 pump will run at around 2000 rpm, while the EK D5 pumps runs a lot slower with 0% PWM.

The 4th seems to just not responding to PWM.
It's basically stuck at 3700-3800 rpm and pushing like the others at full speed 4500-4800 rpm.
At 100% reports about 3700 rpm while going down to 10% the rpm goes up a little, about 3800 rpm.
This is strange and can be a case for the RMA.

ManniX

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 07:57

"This is normal. Aquacomputer uses different electronics than EKWB for the Pump, with different PWM Settings.
If you set the PWM to 0%, the Aquacomputer D5 pump will run at around 2000 rpm, while the EK D5 pumps runs a lot slower with 0% PWM."

All the D5s are from Aqua.
Only the Revo is EK, it's just a mount.
Looks more like it's wrongly calibrated, unless Aqua itself changed something in their firmware in the last 3 years.

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 08:13

My mistake, I understood it wrong :S
"

Zitat

All the D5s are from Aqua.

The statement is unfortunately completely wrong, all D5 pumps are from Xylem, only the control may be different.
Own productions are not called D5.

https://www.xylem.com/siteassets/locatio…_2014-02-05.pdf "

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (29. März 2023, 08:18)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder