• 25.04.2024, 18:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Why does aquasuite constantly have open listening ports running as part of a service?...

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 00:02

because that's exactly what it seems like is going on here.

Go figure, a thread I ask offering to pay a bounty for an older version of the software WITHOUT the spying gets deleted.

What are they really trying to hide here? If they took the time to send DMCA takedown requests to every single website that was hosting a copy of the older aquasuite 2015 versions available for download on the entire internet (I have been looking for 2 years now for a version of 2015 aquasuite, and no website that used to host the installers has it hosted anymore but they have older version of other softwares no problem- just this one has received dmca takedown requests by aquacomputer to remove the ability for people to have a choice in what software they use for the products that the person who PURCHASED owns.), it effectively traps the users of their products with only the latest version of the software, privacy be damned. As a result, we now have software that runs as a service that is CONSTANTLY connected to the internet or attempting to connect to the internet & just leaves ports open in a waiting state willy nilly. Who knows for what. But a company that goes to these lengths to try & force users to use a version of their software that has without exception a constant communication with their home server wherever it is, doing God knows what, & then disabling firmware rollbacks so you cant go back to the older versions, it is becoming evident that there is some serious privacy violations through excessive data collection going on at best & possibly even something completely nefarious at worst, depending on who you ask.

Deleting posts like this just makes it look like you guys really have something to hide now, and it's not a good look for a company to be doing this level of shady shit & being so bluntly forceful about every aspect of the software process.

What's really going on here? What kind of data are you guys really collecting? What is it being used for? Who is it being shared with? Why is there a constant 24/7/365 communication activity occuring on the aquasuite_service.exe back to God knows where on more than one port? The old software did not require this? Why is it constantly on, I can see clearly there is network activity occasionally going from it - where is the option to disable this kind of spying?

Again, deleting this post will only make it more obvious that you guys are trying to hide something so I certainly can't wait to hear some of the canned pleasantries & prewritten responses back should the mods of this forum have the guts to leave something like this open for discussion.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »zvonkorp« (20. April 2023, 00:03)

Caselabs STH10 Magnum, twin pedestals
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer MPS400- x2 - firmware 1012
aquacomputer Poweradjust 3- x2 - firmware 1010
aquacomputer farbwerk bluetooth
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 08:02

I don't want to offend you, but you obviously use Windows, don't you see any contradiction to what you write here?

If you wonder why the aquasuite can communicate, then take a look at the point aquasuite web, then you have at least one reason.

In addition, you can send alarm messages by mail via the aquasuite, which also requires an Internet connection.

But I understand that, it is much more exciting to follow a conspiracy myth than to take a closer look at the boring reality.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 09:56

I don't mean to be rude either, but to be honest, the post makes no sense to me.
If i sum it up :
-You don't know why those services have open ports and you ask what they do.
-You then know they are hiding some evil data collecting because Aqua Computer didn't tell you what they do (probably forgetting AC is in europe and subjected to GDPR)
-You take as proof the fact that they may have done DMCA takedowns of unapproved download mirrors for severely outdated, and maybe as of today.. unsafe versions of the app that they developped and own
-You take as proof the fact that your post where you entitle someone to make money off their (free) app has been deleted

And for someone who's taking computer security at heart, you seem to be using the worst version of windows made since Windows ME.

Now, when I look at what those opened ports are connected to, i only see the local host as destination, so no connexions to the outside.. what are they hiding indeed.

Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 10:28

The DMCA thing is nonsense!
Requests like yours for old versions or similar things are deleted without comment.

We only provide our customers with current versions of the software. You can install the latest version with the setup from the download area.

The aquasuite only needs an internet connection for the installation and the update check. Everything else is just local communication which is necessary for the aquasuite and all tools to work.

The aquasuite does not spy, does not send any data from you anywhere.
That's what Microsoft, Google and many others do. We do not.
If you can't handle it, you will have to switch to another vendor.