• 27.04.2024, 23:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Alternative to Aquaero 5 pro ?

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 04:17

Hi all, I have been using my Aquaero 5 Pro with (D5 pump, Flow sensor 2, Thermal sensor) since 2012 when I build my PC and really like it.
In 2012 their was so many case with 5.25 front drive bays and at the time I have bought a Cooler Master Cosmos II (modified to fit a 360mm top rad).

A few months ago I bought a RTX 3080 FTW3. Now I'm planning to upgrade: CPU, motherboard, memory, NVME and a new case better fit for watercooling (2 x 360mm RAD, Front and top).

At the moment i'm looking for a few model: Fractal Meshify 2 or 2 XL, Corsair 5000D Airflow or 7000 D Airflow.

To my surprise none of those have front 5.25 drive bay or space to put my Aquaero 5 !

Anyone had successfully fit a Aquaero 5 or 6 in those case ? Where ?

Any alternative AquaComputer product that could be use as an alternative of my Aquaero 5 that would give me
same features ? And easy to install in today most cases ?

Can I remove the front display panel on my Aquaero 5 Pro to make a Aquaero 5 LT ?

Thank for your help

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 12:28

Zitat

Can I remove the front display panel on my Aquaero 5 Pro to make a Aquaero 5 LT ?
Yes, you can remove the display module from the aquaero 5, and using standoffs mount the unit against any bulkhead.

If you wanted to get a newer controller, I would suggest the OCTO (Unless the fans are power modulated, or you are using some of the more esoteric features of an aquaero).

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 18:41

My last build was in a Fractal Meshify II XL. No it does not have a 5.25" front drive bay but it is a very well built case and easy to build in. I do wish there was more room in the rear of the case. Cases with 5.25" drive bays are hard to find these days which I think is why the Aquaero's days are numbered. The Aquacomputer Online Shop only lists 3 Aquaero products, none of which mount in a 5.25" drive bay. You can still find Aquaero models that mount in a drive bay in stock here and there but I think these units are leftovers. Aquacomputer products have pretty much migrated to devices that connect via USB. Aquabus is becoming obsolete except in certain specialty cases. It's a shame because the Aquaero has features that the Octo and Quadro do not.