• 27.04.2024, 09:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

klara

ULTITUBE without filter element?

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 08:23

In order to clean ULTITUBE filter, I have to drain water from the reservoir and since this is very inconvenient, I am using in-line filter with combination of QDC.
So, I do not need filter element and it would be best to remove it if possible because any filter would act as restriction in loop.
However, since it is rubber, I suspect that it is also a o-ring like sealing part for the reservoir and in that case, I cannot remove the filter element simply.

Is it possible to use ULTITUBE reservoir without filter element?
If I need additional part to replace the filter element position, which one should I buy?

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 08:41

Hmm. Found an interesting discussion related to this that may interest you. There are a lot of others if you do some searching as well.

It makes me wonder if an in-line filter is better than the utilitube filter. It could be that an inline filter actually increases the flow restriction more than the built in utilitube filter.

I don't know. Just a thread I found while googling your interesting question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…s_like_such_an/

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 08:42

Also, I would assume this is the filter replacement you would use if you were to use one, but I may be wrong. I am very new to Aquacomputer and PC build. I'm sorry I cannot answer your first question, but like you I would tend to think you should not remove the filter entirely as it may likely cause a leak or other issue as it is likely not designed to be used without the filter in place. Just my guess.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3860

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CaptainOblivious« (3. Mai 2023, 08:44)

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 15:39

You need to leave the rubber filter assembly in place as it seals the bottom of tube. I am planning to get a sharp x-acto knife and cut out the filter. My suggestion is to get a new filter part before you start cutting so in case you screw the pooch you got a backup solution. 8)

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 18:29

You can remove the filter with a sharp cutter. It's also possible to use the replacement part for the lid seal also instead of the filter. But I recommend to remove the filter if needed as the water flow will not be changed due this.