• 26.04.2024, 03:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

prag84

Aquasuite no longer starts with windows 10. need advice

Montag, 8. Mai 2023, 12:35

Hello all
I've been running aquasuite on my PC for over a year now with no issues. About a month ago it just stopped booting with windows and when i do start the program manually, the overview page I set up has to be toggled on every time. It's not the end of the world but it is pretty annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So far I've tried
1. reinstalling the program
2. manually adding a shortcut to aquasuite.exe to the startup folder
3. forcing 'start as administrator' within the windows file interaction preferences menu.
At this point I'm stumped. I can't think of any other way to get this program to behave like it used to.

Dienstag, 9. Mai 2023, 06:07

In the start menu go to Windows Administrative Tools and select Component Services. In the left pane on the new window select Services (local), in the middle pane find the Aquacomputer service and double click it. Then under the recovery options tab change the settings for first, second and subsequent failures to "restart the service" Hopefully that should sort the boot failure.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

prag84

Dienstag, 9. Mai 2023, 15:46

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that hasn't had any effect either :(
Its not Aqua Computer Service that's failing to start at boot. It's the Aquasuite program itself which isn't starting. I can see in my system tray that the aquasuite profile selector is running as it always did but the program refuses to boot with windows.

Dienstag, 9. Mai 2023, 18:30

Enable and disable the autostart option in the aquasuite settings.

prag84

Dienstag, 9. Mai 2023, 19:05

that didn't do anything either

Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2023, 07:14

With the autostart option the aquasuite create a entry in the windows task planer.
You can can also edit this entry. Otherwise try delay the autostart. In most cases the reason is a faulty or mis configured Windows.

prag84

Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2023, 18:57

thanks for getting back to me. do you know what the entry would be called? i googled task planner but all i get are references to task scheduler and I cant see any mentions of aquasuite in that program

Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2023, 00:12

I suspect Sebastian meant Task Scheduler. The word "planner" may have been the result of a translation issue.

prag84

Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2023, 20:49

at this point its pretty clear that for some reason which i cant be bothered to discover. something has been corrupted. the solution is most likely a fresh windows install but that will have to be a job for another day. thanks to all of you who have given me your time to try and help to diagnose the problem.