• 27.04.2024, 20:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

C47

Leakshield and ZMT / EPDM soft tubing

Dienstag, 16. Mai 2023, 01:37

Hi All,

The leak-shield manual recommends using hard tubing for builds and if soft tubing:

"As a broad rule, the outer diameter of PVC tubing should be at least 1.5 times the inner diameter of soft tubing.

For PUR tubing, a factor of 1.2 is usually sufficient. Hardtubes are generally suit-able. Without information on compatibility, we recommend testing at slightly in-creased negative pressure and maximum water temperature before use."

Questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with using leakshield with ZMT? The 9.5mm/15.9mm tubing meets the 1.5x times requirement.

2. Has anyone tried Alphacool's EPDM (10/13) which doesnt meet the 1.5 requirement, noting it is not PVC but EPDM and so maybe the 1.5x requirement isnt necessary?

Just looking for case / experiences if anyone has tried it. I know the Alphacool's tubing is a lot more bendier than ZMT.

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »C47« (16. Mai 2023, 01:44)

Dienstag, 16. Mai 2023, 03:28

I tried using Alphacool Alphatube 10mm/13mm with my Leakshield. When I put the Leakshield into Shield mode it caused the tubing walls to collapse. I switched to 10mm/16mm (actually 3/8" / 5/8") and it worked fine. The extra ~3mm of wall thickness was enough to stop the tubing from collapsing. If you set the Pressure to Adaptive, the Leakshield will only pump to ~250mbar instead of 425mbar. You might get away with it but I recommend using a thicker walled tubing. I never tried 10mm/13mm EPDM so I don't know if that would work.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (16. Mai 2023, 03:29)