• 26.04.2024, 11:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next Virtual Flow Rate drops to 0 l/h at 27% Power and trips the Alarm

Freitag, 19. Mai 2023, 01:09

If I connect the Signal output of a High Flow Next (HFN) to a D5 Next Fan/Flow header with cable #53294, will the D5 Next alarm monitor the flow data from the HFN instead of the D5 Next virtual flow sensor?

Problem:

I have a D5 Next pump and 2 HFN flow meters in a test loop. The test loop does not have a CPU or GPU block in it so the flow rate is pretty high. I varied the pump power and made a chart of the speed, power consumption, High Flow Next flow rates, and D5 Next Virtual Flow Rates (Links to chart below).

The 2 HFN reported flow rates are within 1.5% to 3.7% of each other, which is pretty close. I did notice that their reported flow rates diverge more at higher flow rates. The D5N virtual flow rate, even after calibration using a ball valve, is consistently lower. I understand that the D5N virtual flow sensor is not very accurate and should be considered more of a flow/no-flow indicator. I am OK with that. The problem is when the pump power is reduced to 27%, the D5N virtual flow sensor reports 0 l/h. Since the D5N alarm monitors the virtual flow sensor, this causes the alarm to trip even though the flow rate is still ~180 l/h according to the HFN’s.

When I add a CPU and GPU block and 2 more rads to the loop, I expect that the flow rate will drop significantly and when it does, the D5N virtual flow sensor is going to report 0 l/r which is going to trip the alarm constantly. I would prefer that the D5N alarm monitor the flow rate from one of the HFN but it appears that this is not possible in AQS. I have 4 questions.

1 – At 30% power, the D5N virtual flow sensor reports 128 l/h. At 28% power, the D5N virtual flow sensor reports 127 l/h . At 27% power, the D5N virtual flow sensor drops to 0 l/h while the HFN reports ~180 l/h. Why does the D5N virtual flow rate drop to 0 l/h at 27% power?

2 – Is there any way in AQS to tell the D5N alarm to monitor the HFN flow rate instead of the D5N virtual flow rate?

3 – If not, if I use cable #53294 to connect the Signal output of one of the HFN to the D5N flow sensor header (labeled FAN), will the D5N alarm now monitor the HFN flow rate instead of the D5N virtual flow rate?

4 – When I connect the HFN Signal output to the D5N Fan/Flow sensor header, will the HFN still show up in AQS as a separate device?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

D5 Next vs High Flow Next Flow Rates.jpg

IMGUR link to larger chart