• 23.04.2024, 10:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

new leakshield owner

Montag, 29. Mai 2023, 22:51

Running a new standalone leakshield for about a week. The system has been up and running for about 2 months with no leaks. My issue is the sytem seems to develop bubbles but not in one area. I have three drain valves in the system that work off of spring valves. https://shop.bitspower.com/index.php?rou…product_id=7139. These valves either had a bit of residual coolant present or were leaking. Could the negative pressure of the leakshield be causing these valves to open slightly allowing air in. With 400 mbar equal to almost 6 psi the valve could be possibly sucked open. This is just a guess but I cant see any other leaks.Anyone else run a leakshield with this type of valve.
»accat141« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dienstag, 30. Mai 2023, 02:42

I do not have a drain valve that works like that but I could see it being a problem. You could try changing the Pressure setting in the Leakshield set up to Adaptive Pressure. This will lower the vacuum pressure to ~225mbar which may be low enough that it does not cause the drain value to leak.

Dienstag, 30. Mai 2023, 03:19

Thank you for the information, It is very strange. I went into the menu and the Adaptive Pressure box was selected. My current negative pressure would sit around 420 and refill around 380. My current negative pressure sits around 399. The interesting part is that my required negative pressure dropped to 184. The only other setting I changed was I added in the data source to the pump speed from my Octo. I think I will monitor the system for a few days and see if it drops the current pressure to a lower setting over time. Hopefully solves the problem.

Dienstag, 30. Mai 2023, 04:05

I have one of those Bitspower water exhaust fittings, but I do not use a leakshield.
If the provided end cap was not installed, the fitting would ooze coolant over time.
Adding the end cap seemed to stop the discharge, even though there is no O-ring.

If you are using the end cap, you may try adding an O-Ring to get a better seal.
I used a Bitspower ML O-ring for 16mm OD tubing

(no_o-ring.jpg)
(with_o-ring.jpg)

Dienstag, 30. Mai 2023, 16:14

Thank you to both people who have responded. I really like both ideas. I was thinking of an o-ring , but was unsure of the size to use. It would definately work better then teflon tape. :)

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2023, 03:16

Good luck with it. I am curious why your Leakshield pumps to 400 mbar when it's set to Adaptive Pressure mode. I am not sure what determines the pressure target in this mode. In my loop, it pumps to ~225 mbar in Adaptive mode and ~425 mbar when not in Adaptive Pressure mode. My loop is not totally air tight and the pressure definitely drops faster when its not in Adaptive Pressure mode.