• 27.04.2024, 13:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to connect a Flow Sensor cable to a Cuplex Kryos Next with Vision

Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2023, 22:24

I just bought a #21772 Cuplex Kryos CPU block with Vision. I want to connect cable #53212 to the Flow/Alarm header but do not know how to access it. I read a Techpowerup Review review that has a PICTURE of the block (from Aquacomputer) with the display removed but says it is nearly impossible to remove the Vision display without damaging it. It doesn’t look like going in through the bottom will work either though I have not tried it yet. There is no mention of the headers or how to access them in the manual for the block. The Vision manual shows the CIRCUIT BOARD and the headers but does not mention how to access them when it is installed in a CPU block.. Before I start taking things apart, I thought it would be best to ask the experts on this forum. Anyone?

Freitag, 23. Juni 2023, 06:30

It's been a while, but removing the display wasn't the prolem, there's a small hole at the top, you can pry the display out with a pin.

Putting the display back in properly with an additional cable is the much bigger problem, there is extremely little space.

I have, when I bought the cooler, connected an aquabus cable, that was no fun.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Samstag, 24. Juni 2023, 01:34

Thanks for your response. Shoggy also responded to a post I made in their subreddit and explained that when you push a paper clip into the hole, it actually presses down on a small latch that releases the display. It sounds like it is easier to get it apart than it is to put it back together, especially when there are 2 cables exiting the block. I don't know how thick cable #53212 is but it will probably be a fight to get it in there and get the Vision display back into the CPU block properly. Most of their cables have a fairly thick outer jacket. It is impressive that they were able to cram a circuit board with 4 headers on it into a CPU block, but the flow sensor cable is really not necessary in my case. If there is a port on an Aquacomputer device, I just have a compulsion to plug something into it. I am starting to think it may not be worth it in this case. :S