• 27.04.2024, 15:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Preparing for custom loop with Leakshield, air release valve needed?

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 08:04

Hello watercoolers,
I'm preparing for a custom loop in my system, soft tubes 16/10. Already bought the Ultitube 100 with Leakshield and the filling valve/bracket (and cpu/gpu waterblocks). My shopping cart for the rest of the stuff is also filled, but not ordered yet. I have a drain valve on the list. My question is about an air exhaust/release valve: Is that really necessary since I already have the filling valve? I mean, I could use that to let air escape when draining and holding it higher then the radiator in top-position, right? Or wouldn't it work to get the system to help drain by turning on the leaktest while closing the drain temporarily, since it puts (-)pressure on the system? Are there other ways?
Long question short, do I need to place a dedicated air release valve in the top of my system?

Thanks in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Urshurak« (11. Juli 2023, 08:38)

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 16:31

Saw there is a PET bottle adapter. Ordered that, thanks.

Leakshield - Release Valve

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 18:43

I don't use a release valve. There's a built-in "Release" function in Aquasuite for setting the Leakshield modes. ( Check the manual ). If that's not enough,
you can just unscrew the Leakshield device.

Sticky fill port valve

Dienstag, 11. Juli 2023, 20:51

On more thing:

I also have the fill valve. Mine was very stiff and initially difficult to get to open, which I discovered only after I had it assembled in the loop. I had to
remove it from the loop and 1) stick the tube in the valve and force it to open by using pliers on the tubing 20-30 times before the valve would open/close
consistently. I also put some dry lube ( no oil-based ) into the inlet side of the valve to help as well.

My suggestion: Play around with the valve BEFORE assembling it into the loop so 1) you can see how it's working ( blow into the valve to be sure it's opening );
and 2) loosen it up if needed.

After I finally got mine working I really liked the functionality.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »demilleroh« (16. Juli 2023, 14:27)

Montag, 24. Juli 2023, 18:44

Thanks, I didn't even use it. I used the release valve/tube to fill.