• 27.04.2024, 13:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

High Flow Next Signal output and D5 Next Flow Sensor Type settings sometimes not being retained

Samstag, 29. Juli 2023, 23:16

My D5 Next virtual flow sensor is way off, even after calibrating it using a ball valve. Since the D5 Next Flow Alarm uses the virtual flow sensor data, the alarm is basically useless. To get around this, I bought cable #53294 and used it to connect my High Flow Next Signal port to the D5 Next Fan/Flow header.

In the High Flow Next Alarm tab, I checked the box for “Generate high flow sensor 53068 signal”. In the D5 Next Sensor tab, I set the Flow Sensor type to “Aquacomputer high flow 53068”. This causes the D5 Next flow rate to be much closer to what the High Flow Next reports (*), which was the goal.My problem is that about 20% of the time when I boot up the machine, the D5 Next flow rate is way off. I check the settings and find that the High Flow Next Signal output has been changed back to the default “Generate Constant Speed Signal’ and the D5 next Flow Sensor has been changed to the default “Virtual flow sensor”. Why are these settings sometimes not being retained?

(*) I tried the other settings that are available in the D5 Next Flow Sensor type pull-down and discovered that setting it to “Aquacomputer high flow LT 53291” results in flow rates that are much closer to what the High Flow Next reports versus setting it to Aquacomputer high flow 53068. I asked Shoggy about this. He said, “Our programmer changed the calibration values in the software a while ago but these changes have not been adapted for the firmware of affected devices. So, some combinations like yours do not match at the moment. That will be adjusted in the future.”

Due to this, the D5 Next Flow Sensor type is actually set to “Aquacomputer high flow LT 53291” because it results in flow rates that best match the High Flow Next. I hope that Aquacomputer will include a firmware update in the next release of Aquasuite to match the calibration values that their programmer changed. I separated out this fact since I don’t think it has anything to do with my issue, which is that the settings in the High Flow Next Signal type and D5 Next Flow Rate sensor type are sometimes not retained after a power cycle, but thought I should note this in case anyone else out there is trying to send flow rate data from a high Flow Next to a D5 Next.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (30. Juli 2023, 01:39)