• 11.06.2024, 14:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ultitube 100 not air tight

Montag, 14. August 2023, 22:17

I am building my first loop and decided to splurge on the Ultitube. After getting all the tubing routes designed and installed, I did a system leak test with air. After some research, it turns out the Ultitube is the only thing that is leaking air. I disconnected the tubes from the input and output ports, plugged the output port and attached the leak tester to the input port. The Ultitube will not hold air pressure indicating there is a leak somewhere. I checked all 3 seals: the d5 pump and the top and bottom of the glass. Cant find any issues. Is this normal? Shouldnt the device be air tight with no leaks?

Thanks, Moldi

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 20:14

FYI - Here is the answer I got from Aquacomputer support. (very fast response I might add - nice!)

Thank you for contacting us! If your Ultitube came with a pre-installed D5 NEXT pump,
it must be the "PRO" version of the Ultitube. All PRO version
Ultitubes come with a pressure equalization membrane installed in the top lid
of the reservoir, so will not hold pressure by design.

If you want to pressure check your loop including the reservoir, you can try to
put some plastic foil between glass tube and lid of the reservoir or use this
lid without membrane: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3865

Best regards!

Moldi gets her answer 8)

Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2024, 08:22

I just did a leak test on my Ultitube today and it did not hold pressure. I figured it may be because of that membrane. Searched and this confirmed my thoughts. Cool.

Note: You can pressure test but you have to tape the small hole on the top.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (2. Februar 2024, 13:10)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"