• 27.04.2024, 07:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Please review my Aquacomputer setup

Donnerstag, 24. August 2023, 21:28

Diagram:
https://imgur.com/a/lFZDJfL

My setup:
https://imgur.com/a/czmkdjZ

Any concerns with going over power limits with this setup? Any general advice, corrections, better ways of doing things?

I'm looking for validation that I have all of this set up correctly. I really don't want to fry anything.

A few notes:

• I am aware of the 90 LED limit per RGBpx channel on the FW360 and have confirmed the D30's will work within that limitation.
  • The AC devices are mounted to the PC case with double sided sticky velcro tape. No direct contact to the metal case.

Thank you.

Freitag, 25. August 2023, 01:48

This looks generally OK to me but I thought (based on your other thread) that you were going to plug the Leakshield USB directly into a mobo USB2.0 header. In your diagram, the High Flow Next and D5 Next USB are going to the mobo but the Leakshield is going to the HUbby7, which is set to get its power from the mobo USB header instead of SATA power.

Montag, 28. August 2023, 20:25

This looks generally OK to me but I thought (based on your other thread) that you were going to plug the Leakshield USB directly into a mobo USB2.0 header. In your diagram, the High Flow Next and D5 Next USB are going to the mobo but the Leakshield is going to the HUbby7, which is set to get its power from the mobo USB header instead of SATA power.
Woah thank you for catching that! I think I just mixed up the D5 with the Leakshield for the USB connections. I will double check my build that I didn't get it wrong there too.

I'm glad everything else looks ok. I just was hoping for some validation before turning things on. Appreciate you!

Montag, 28. August 2023, 21:17

Just out of curiosity, why are you converting everything to RGBpx rather then using the native 5V connectors on the farbwerk 360s? I didn't think that there would be any functionality differences in using them, and would imply additional "failure" points by adding additional connections.

Montag, 28. August 2023, 23:24

Just out of curiosity, why are you converting everything to RGBpx rather then using the native 5V connectors on the farbwerk 360s? I didn't think that there would be any functionality differences in using them, and would imply additional "failure" points by adding additional connections.
That is a fair question. I am not OP but I know some people would rather use an RGBpx adapter and cable than plug in the horrible standard DRGB connector. I don't know what its officially called. MSI calls them J-Rainbow. Asus calls them ADD GEN 2. I think there are different versions of that connector in use that have different contact pin and socket diameters. I have read posts from people who complain that their connections just fall off the mating port connectors in the Razer Chroma because the socket diameter is bigger than the pin diameter. EK even has their EK-LOOP CMS to hold these ridiculous connectors together.

Remayz

Montag, 28. August 2023, 23:27

if the connectors are a bit loose on the FW360, it will work better with a rgbpx extension and the velcro strap to hold them connected. otherwise it's not really useful.

Dienstag, 29. August 2023, 11:00

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the D30 fans have 32 individual led's per fan?

If so then 96 per RGBpx channel isn't going to work. Same issue I have with my

Lian-li infinity fans.If I want to run the RGB off my 360 then i need to split them into groups of 2.

I've ended up letting the Lian-li controller do the RGB and my Octo does the Fan speed.On a side note looking at the Phanteks site the reverse blade looses both Max airflow (64.3 to 61.5) and static pressure (3.01 to 2.72)
not drastic but still never crossed my mind.

Dienstag, 29. August 2023, 18:18

That is a fair question. I am not OP but I know some people would rather use an RGBpx adapter and cable than plug in the horrible standard DRGB connector. I don't know what its officially called. MSI calls them J-Rainbow. Asus calls them ADD GEN 2. I think there are different versions of that connector in use that have different contact pin and socket diameters. I have read posts from people who complain that their connections just fall off the mating port connectors in the Razer Chroma because the socket diameter is bigger than the pin diameter. EK even has their EK-LOOP CMS to hold these ridiculous connectors together.

Ya, totally aware of how bad the "mating" aspect of these connectors are and how easily they sometimes fall out of place. I can see it being far easier to validator the connector stays in place if you use the connector board along with some external "support" (Tape, glue, rubber contact cement ;)), then to try and get them to stay directly connected to the farbwerk.

Dienstag, 29. August 2023, 22:38

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the D30 fans have 32 individual led's per fan? .
No. They have 30 LEDs arranged in 15 pairs of 2. When the D30 first came out, Phanteks said they had 32 LEDs. I bought a 3-pack of them and quickly discovered that they only have 30 LEDs. Now their website says 30 LEDs. I have a screen shot of when it said 32 LEDs so I know I am not crazy.

I do not like the fact that the LEDs are paired. If you connect a D30 to an RGBpx port, if you set the LED controller for 1 LED, 2 LEDs will light up. If you set the controller for 15 LEDs, all 30 LEDs will light up. The LEDs are arranged in pairs but the way they are paired is kind of strange. The first pair of LEDs are adjacent to each other. The next pair consists of the LEDs to the right and left of the first pair. If you think of the fan as a clock, the first LED pair is at 12 O'clock. The second pair are at 1 O'clock and 11 O'Clock. The third pair are at 2 O'clock and 10 O'clock, and so on. This arrangement has several issues.

#1 - Aquasuite thinks its driving 1 LED when its really driving 2. If you set the controller to 15 LEDs, Aquasuite thinks its driving 15 LEDs but its really driving 30 LEDs. This is OK if you are aware of it but it could allow you to overload the port.

#2 - Any RGB effect that sequences from LED to LED will not work properly on a D30 because of the pairing. An effect like a Chase that moves from LED to LED will look very strange on a D30.

DRGB LEDs are INDIVIDUALLY controllable, so I fail to understand why Phanteks has decided to pair the LEDs, which prevents individual control of each LED. I read somewhere that Lion Li also does this. I don't understand why. It does not save any money and it limits the control granularioty by 50%.

Dienstag, 29. August 2023, 23:29

This. The standard D-RGB connection just fell out and would not seat properly. The socket diameter is larger than the pin diameter and it did not mate at all. So everything had to be converted to RGBpx for a more secure connection and I also added the EK CMS Velcro things for peace of mind.

Dienstag, 29. August 2023, 23:32

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the D30 fans have 32 individual led's per fan? .
No. They have 30 LEDs arranged in 15 pairs of 2. When the D30 first came out, Phanteks said they had 32 LEDs. I bought a 3-pack of them and quickly discovered that they only have 30 LEDs. Now their website says 30 LEDs. I have a screen shot of when it said 32 LEDs so I know I am not crazy.

I do not like the fact that the LEDs are paired. If you connect a D30 to an RGBpx port, if you set the LED controller for 1 LED, 2 LEDs will light up. If you set the controller for 15 LEDs, all 30 LEDs will light up. The LEDs are arranged in pairs but the way they are paired is kind of strange. The first pair of LEDs are adjacent to each other. The next pair consists of the LEDs to the right and left of the first pair. If you think of the fan as a clock, the first LED pair is at 12 O'clock. The second pair are at 1 O'clock and 11 O'Clock. The third pair are at 2 O'clock and 10 O'clock, and so on. This arrangement has several issues.

#1 - Aquasuite thinks its driving 1 LED when its really driving 2. If you set the controller to 15 LEDs, Aquasuite thinks its driving 15 LEDs but its really driving 30 LEDs. This is OK if you are aware of it but it could allow you to overload the port.

#2 - Any RGB effect that sequences from LED to LED will not work properly on a D30 because of the pairing. An effect like a Chase that moves from LED to LED will look very strange on a D30.

DRGB LEDs are INDIVIDUALLY controllable, so I fail to understand why Phanteks has decided to pair the LEDs, which prevents individual control of each LED. I read somewhere that Lion Li also does this. I don't understand why. It does not save any money and it limits the control granularioty by 50%.
There are a few reddit posts about this as well which is where I found this out initially. I panicked at first because I assumed I was at 32 x 3 fans which would overload the farbwerks. But in reality it's 15 per fan as half the LEDs on each fan mirror the other half. Really dumb design but the ability to have them be reversible was too cool to resist for my build.

Mittwoch, 30. August 2023, 02:26

This. The standard D-RGB connection just fell out and would not seat properly. The socket diameter is larger than the pin diameter and it did not mate at all. So everything had to be converted to RGBpx for a more secure connection and I also added the EK CMS Velcro things for peace of mind.
The fact that the pin and socket diameters are not standard just makes the DRGB connector more stupid than it already is. I think you made the right choice.

There are a few reddit posts about this as well which is where I found this out initially. I panicked at first because I assumed I was at 32 x 3 fans which would overload the farbwerks. But in reality it's 15 per fan as half the LEDs on each fan mirror the other half. Really dumb design but the ability to have them be reversible was too cool to resist for my build.
I don’t understand why they said there are 32 LEDs when there aren’t. Maybe they were going to do 32 LEDs but then changed it to 30 and forgot to tell the marketing people. The whole pairing LEDs thing I don’t understand. There is no advantage to it that I can think of.