• 28.04.2024, 11:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

[Solved] New system with Kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION - No Flow Rate - Any additional new system tips?

Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 18:58

Hello,

I just completed a new watercooled system build with the cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION 1700 CPU block. I've been able to install the latest Aquasuite software which correctly detected the unit, and updated the firmware. However, there is no flow rate measurement. It simply shows as 0/0. The Flow sensor connector setting is for the flow sensor, and I've tried each of the available sensor type options, the default setting was the second option, Aqua Computer high flow LT (53291). Additionally, if you have any new system, recommended tips/tricks for this configuration, please feel free to share.

Lastly, I have two regular D5 pumps in this system now, which I'm considering switching to two D5 Next pumps. However, I only have two USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard. Is there a recommended way of connecting the Vario CPU block, as well as the 2 D5 Next pumps only using 2 USB headers? (Can the two D5 Next pumps be connected together, allowing me to connect both pumps using only 1 USB 2.0 header?)

TIA..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jasnxl« (5. September 2023, 23:39)

Remayz

Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 19:20

Well do you have a flowmeter attached to it? there is no flowmeter integrated in the CPU block. The Vision unit has a socket behind the screen to connect a flowmeter but i'm not sure it's very accesible anyway.

Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 19:40

Thanks for your reply.

I do NOT have anything additional in my loop besides the blocks, radiators, distro plate and pumps. So if the CPU block doesn't have a flow meter built into it, then this would explain why I'm not seeing any flow rate in Aquasuite. Also I assume that the temp reported from the Vario block is CPU temp, and not fluid temp. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to integrate the flow rate and fluid temp in to my loop management, so I may need to add those sensors to my loop after the fact. If anyone can recommend any flow and/or temp sensors that I can add to my loop, please feel free to recommend.

Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 21:38

The temp sensor in the CPU block is measuring coolant temp, not the CPU temp.

You can connect a flow meter to the flow header inside the block but it is not an ideal solution. Getting the block apart to access the header is tricky and getting the Vision display back into the block with the flow sensor cable and the USB cable both exiting the block is difficult to do. My suggestion is to buy a High Flow Next (#53293) and connect it via USB. They are considered to be the most accurate flow sensors marketed for custom loops but can be hard to find in stock. The High Flow 2 (#53292) and High Flow LT (#53291) both have the same flow sensor as the High Flow Next but no USB interface, LEDs, or display. The High Flow 2 has a coolant temp sensor, the High Flow LT does not. These sensors can connect to the flow header on the CPU block (if you can get it apart to plug in the sensor cable and then get it back together).I think the required cable is included.

For the USB connections, you can get a Hubby7 (#53230) which is a very well designed 7-port USB2,0 internal hub that can be Sata or USB powered. The Hubby7 can also be hard to find in the US. A good alternative is the NZXT AC-IUSBH-M3 (LINK) which is much easier to find. All of the Aquacomputer USB devices have a single row 5-pin connector. A standard 9-pin USB header can have 2 of these 5-pin connectors connected. There is no keying so be sure you do not plug the USB 5-pin cable in backwards. Note that a standard 9-pin USB header has 5 pins in 1 row and 4 in the other. The extra pin is just a ground pin.

If you want to add more temp sensors, Aquacomputer sells a bunch of different versions. They all have a 10K NTC temp sensor but the connector on the other end varies. The CaliTemp models are different. They are more accurate but only connect to an Aquaero controller via Aquabus. You need to decide which device you are going to plug the temp sensor into then make sure you order one that has the proper connector. The temp header on a Vision and the High Flow Next are different than the temp header on an Octo, Quadro, and Farbwerk360. For plugging into a Vision or HIgh Flow Next, they have #53218, #53219, #53220, #53211, and #53227. For Octo, Quadro, and Farbwerk360, they have #53066, #53067, #53147, #53025, and #53206. Some of these are fittings with a temp sensor built in, some are just the temp sensor. You can look them up on the Aquacomputer online store. I may have missed some models.

Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 23:38

I appreciate the detailed and complete response.
I now understand that in order to measure the flow I'll need a separate sensor, (I've read about the difficulties folks have had trying to route the additional cables through the CPU block to use the Vision connector), and your recommendation for the High Flow Next is perfect. That would provide me with 2 fluid temp sensors, on the CPU block and the High Flow Next meter. If that's sufficient I'll hold off on adding anything else.

I'll look to order a High Flow Next to add to my system build. It also sounds like if I DON'T switch out my D5 pumps for the D5 Next pumps, adding the High Flow Next would mean connecting it to the one remaining USB header in my system. This way I can look to add something like the Hubby later, if I decide to switch to the D5 Next pumps, after which I can determine how many USB 2.0 ports I'll need.
Thanks again for all the assistance.

Mittwoch, 6. September 2023, 01:06

You're welcome, and good luck with your system.

Have you does the VARIO adjustments? If yes, I am curious about how much the CPU temps improved. I considered getting a CPU block with VARIO but decided against it and just got a block with the Vision display. My research on VARIO indicated that you might get 2° to 4°C from VARIO. It really depends on how flat the IHS is in the first place, so its a crap shoot whether the temps will improve or not.

Mittwoch, 6. September 2023, 01:10

Thanks.
I haven't yet played with the Vario adjustment yet, but when I do, if I get some useful improvements to temps, I'll circle back to the thread and report..