• 27.04.2024, 13:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

yoshig

Service can't start

Freitag, 22. September 2023, 22:19

I have the latest aquasuite X75 and the service suddently doesn't start.
I have reinstalled it multiple times, clean install too, same deal.
I tried safe mode, with admin rights, nothing works.
How can I find what is going on?

yoshig

Freitag, 22. September 2023, 22:33

I tried to manually start the service from the services msc, but I get an error

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

yoshig

Freitag, 22. September 2023, 22:48

Digging a little more into the event viewer, I get this message when I try to start the service:
"The Aqua Computer Service service depends on the DNS Client service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

yoshig

Freitag, 22. September 2023, 23:44

I have trouble starting this service, and I am wondering why does AquaSuite need the DNS caching service?

At this stage all of my other applications work fine without it, can AquaSuite be somehow configured from requiring this service, to using it only if it is available?

I mean I just want to control my fans in the end. I understand the network connection requirement for licencing checking, update checking etc, and there is network, but why the DNS cache?
The DNS client service description from Microsoft reads:
"The DNS Client service is used to resolve DNS domain names, by querying locally cached information obtained from a previous query or byquerying a remote DNS server."

The DNS Client service description from services msc reads:"The DNS Client service (dnscache) caches Domain Name System (DNS) names and registers the full computer name for this computer. If the service is stopped, DNS names will continue to be resolved. However, the results of DNS name queries will not be cached and the computer's name will not be registered. If the service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »yoshig« (24. September 2023, 15:32)

yoshig

Mittwoch, 8. November 2023, 23:58

It seems that this post does not have any responses. Is there somewhere else I could ask this?

Donnerstag, 9. November 2023, 03:35

Your best bet is probably support@aqua-computer.de

Donnerstag, 9. November 2023, 07:17

What is not clear?
If the service cannot start because a dependency is not fulfilled. You have to configure your Windows so that it works.
The aquasuite runs with every standard Windows installation, if you deactivate services and functionalities in Windows there can always be problems.
Test with a new windows installation, if it works then you know where the problem is.

yoshig

Freitag, 1. März 2024, 12:23

Hi @sebastian
It's unclear why Aquasuite relies on this service, especially when other applications can run without it.
Moreover, there's a question as to why this software should require the DNS service to operate.
Additionally, your proposal to test it with a new Windows installation seems disproportionately extreme.

Freitag, 1. März 2024, 14:18

Zitat

It's unclear why Aquasuite relies on this service, especially when other applications can run without it.

Moreover, there's a question as to why this software should require the DNS service to operate.

Additionally, your proposal to test it with a new Windows installation seems disproportionately extreme.

I think the answer to the why is clear, because it was programmed that way, you will hardly find out what the programmer was thinking, with any provider.

Troubleshooting with a fresh Windows, on the other hand, is a completely normal step that has been used for a long time, so you can rule out or confirm that the malfunctioning software is the source of the error and then, if necessary, find the actual source of the error by installing individual programs/drivers.

In a grown Windows, however, troubleshooting is extremely complicated and therefore much more extreme than a second HDD/SSD with a quickly installed Windows.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder