• 28.04.2024, 05:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aqua Computer Service Helper stuttering

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 17:03

I find that the stutter is caused by the Aqua Computer Service Helper (AquaComputerServiceHelper.exe). In order to verify and isolate I did the following:
- Disconnected (physically from usb) my quadro controller
- In aquasuite/service I disable everything (all sensors monitoring, all playground settings - inputs, virtual sensors, global profiles ...).
- I change the service (Aqua Computer Service) to startup type manual
Then I reboot the pc (its also enough to only logout) and login. I manually start the service and I see it appear in task manager, no stutter yet, but after a few seconds aqua computer helper starts and here is the moment I get the stuttering.

So far so good, the issue is reproducible and it does not depend on any aquacomputer hardware and also (presumably) any setting in the aquasuite software.

But here is the strange thing. I go and stop the service and, it automatically also stops the helper. And now when I start the service it also starts the helper but this time there is no stutter. So the problem occurs only on first start of the helper in a given session.

One more strange thing I noticed - the duration of stutters depends on the numbers of displays I have connected to my pc. With three monitors (my normal setup) the stuttering is for about 3-4 seconds. With only one screen the stuttering is about or less than a 1 second.

Anyway, I don't have the skills to debug and fully and understand the problem so please help :)

Also another experiment was to completely remove aquasuite including the data, and then do a clean new install (had to attach my quadro for the installation) and this did not help at all.

Now I am thinking (speculating..., you can skip this part) that probably the helper executable is querying some hardware (including the displays), and that is probably causing the stutter. But since this happens only once in a session, means that also it caches the data somewhere and reuses the cache next time it's started. Cache is is probably a file (that i cannot find it) that gets invalidated or deleted when session is different (logout/reboot...).

Currently on I am on windows 11 and aquasuite X.76, but I had the same problem also in windows 10 and aquasuite versions from may be more than year ago. No other monitoring software running on this machine at all.

Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2023, 18:48

Any help please ?!?
Recently I upgraded heavily the PC (am4->am5), new windows 11 install and that stutter on login is still here. It's just embracing and making me crazy.

Montag, 11. Dezember 2023, 03:56

I have AQS X.76 running with 1 Octo connected on a computer with 5 displays.. In Task Manager - Processes I see Aqua Computer Service and Aqua Computer Service Helper. but in Services I only see Aqua Computer Service, which is set to start automatically. Do you see Aquacomputer Service Helper in Services? Can you explain the stuttering - what exactly is stuttering?

You may or may not get a response from Aquacomputer on this forum and if you do it probably will not be until after the weekend. They tend to respond more consistently in the Aquacomputer Official Support sub-Reddit under R/Watercooling. Here is the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…ral_discussion/

Montag, 11. Dezember 2023, 09:21

You can disable the aquasuite the audio and video analyzer. (aquasuite -> audio and video)
The behavior on your system depends very much on the drivers and software used on your system.

Zitat

But since this happens only once in a session, means that also it caches the data somewhere and reuses the cache next time it's started
The software have enumerate all connected displays via direct x api.

Montag, 11. Dezember 2023, 19:07

Thanks

Here is short video of what I mean by stuttering: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MjxbfVAV2FM
I am moving the mouse constantly after login, at some moment the cursor stuck for a second and afterwards jumps wildly and finally after aquasuite icon load it becomes fine.

Audio and Video are already disabled.

System is Ryzen 7800x3d, b650, rtx4090, three monitors via display port, many usb peripherals (but they dont not matter since the issue happens also without them). Software is recent windows 11 install so pretty minimal - drivers, chrome, aquasuite, steam and a few games.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »edhunter« (11. Dezember 2023, 19:15)