• 27.04.2024, 20:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

High Flow Next Accuracy with DP Ultra vs Distilled Water & Effect of Flow Direction

Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2023, 01:02

My cooling loop includes 2 High Flow Next (HFN) flow sensors. The HFN are separated by several devices so any turbulence generated by either one should not affect the other one. I have been running distilled water treated with Primochill Liquid Utopia. The 2 HFN always reported flow rates within 1% of each other - a testament to their accuracy.

Today I drained the distilled water and filled the loop with DP Ultra. In both HFN Flow Rate sensors I changed the Medium from Distilled Water to DP Ultra. Connector Types are both set to Inner Diameter >7mm. Now the difference in flow rates reported by the 2 HFN is about 5% instead of 1%. Is the High Flow Next less accurate with DP Ultra than with Distilled Water?

Also, the HFN manual says flow direction does not matter. When I put the loop back together, HFN #1 had coolant entering the left side but HFN #2 had coolant entering the right side. The flow rate difference in this condition was ~12%. I flipped HFN #2 around so coolant enters the left side. The flow rate difference dropped to 5%. Why would this happen if flow direction does not matter?