• 27.04.2024, 21:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Octo - fans full speed at boot

Samstag, 13. Januar 2024, 17:50

Hi,

When I turn computer on fans rev up to full speed for a second. That was happening with curve controller setup using hardware sensor as input source.

Then I experimented a bit - set fallback power (I understand this shouldn't be needed with hardware sensors), set fans to power preset 25%, enabled/disabled start boosts - nothing helped. Otherwise it seems to be functioning as expected. Fan curves work, power presets work, RGBpx works. Firmware is updated, have latest version of aquasuite (X.77).

While it's not a deal breaker, it is somewhat annoying. Any ideas what's wrong?

RE: Octo - fans full speed at boot

Sonntag, 14. Januar 2024, 17:32

Hi,
Mine has done that for the last 7+ years but what is strange is that if I power my pc from mains but don't push the power button to start it and wait a few seconds it doesn't ramp up my PWM fans. I don't have any start boost set so has always been annoying. Be interesting if someone knows a way round this.

Remayz

Sonntag, 14. Januar 2024, 20:07

usually it happens with software sensors, when you forget to set a fallback value for those sensors. they may default to a generic "100" which may send your fans to full speed at boot.

It could be also specific to your fans. Some fans default to full speed if the PWM signal is low or lost, in which case you'd have to use the hold minium power toggle and set the minimum power on the slider just above it.