• 27.04.2024, 11:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lian Li P28 + Aquaero 6 PRO - It cannot read the RPM for channels 3 and 4.

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 01:25

Hi

I have an issue with the new fan configuration connected to Aquaero 6 PRO.

The previous configuration - 4 channels with 4 fans each (NF-F12 PWM) worked perfectly - there were 16 fans in total on radiators.
Now I have Lian Li UNI FAN P28 - 3 fans on each of the 3 channels (1 is free) - a total of 9 fans.

The problem is that aquasuite (and aquaero) do not correctly detect the RPM on the 3 channels (also the 4th, as it turned out later) - most of the time, I get 0 rpm, sometimes it increases to 100 with a bit.
The RPM is adjustable - the correct RPM value is just not displayed.

I thought it might be the fans, cable, etc. I checked all possible configurations, including connecting to the motherboard - the fans are OK, the cable is OK. The motherboard shows the correct RPM, channels 1 and 2 show the correct RPM (when I swap fans), but when I switch to channel 3 or even 4, the RPM IS NOT DISPLAYED.

aquasuite X.78
aquaero 2104

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 12:54

Have you a speed signal when the the output power ist 50% or more?
Try a other y-Splitter.
Only one speed signal may be forwarded. Connect only one fan to channel 3 and test if it works.

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 15:03

So, I tested the regulation from 0 to 100%. The speeds change, and I see how the fans work, but the information about the speed at which they spin is not displayed. It shows the screen above: Power 22% - just like for Socket 1 and 2, but instead of ~350 RPM, it shows 0.

These fans are connected to each other - there is no wire there.

But the fans are connected to the aquaero/motherboard with a cable - I also changed this cable.

To clarify what I did...
- changed the order in the "chain". Fan 1 became 2, 2 became 3, and 3 became 1 (to make it a cycle). Still RPM 0.
- connected the same fans with the same cable to the motherboard - RPM is displayed. Here the motherboard smoothly regulated in relation to the CPU temperature.
- changed the order in slots 1-4. The fans that were connected to socket 2 I switched to 3, and those on 3 to socket 2. And it turned out that socket 3 doesn't show speeds (RPM 0).
- even connected the fans to port 4. The same. 1 works, 2 works, 4 shows 0 rpm - but it controls the speeds correctly.
- checked the pins if they weren't bent...
Sometimes these RPMs rise to 100. But most of the time, it's 0.

As I wrote in the first post - just two days earlier, I was using 4 channels at once - each of them had 4 Noctua fans (NF-F12 PWM). And it worked well. All 4 channels showed speeds in aquasuite, aquaero, and in the AIDA system.

What changed besides the new fans:
Update of aquasuite, maybe from X.76-X.77 to X.78, and along with that, a firmware update (but I updated D5 NEXT and farbwerk nano, didn't update anything in aquaero).

What's wrong? The fans do not have any rgb... What is happening with the Aquaero controller?
Does HI require any updates? Are there any logs I can provide you with?

These are the fans: https://lian-li.com/product/uni-fan-p28/

I don't use the included device for fan control, to adjust the speed by pressing the appropriate button.

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 15:17

Set your Fan 3 Output to 100%.

1. Connect one Noctua Fan to this Output. The speed must be approximately as specified in the fan data sheet.
2. Connect ONE LianLi Fan to this Output at 100%. Is this working?

Is the measured fan speed at channel 1 and 2 correct when the fans run with 100%?

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 23:36

I connected the previous fans - disconnected all others. Channel 3 is dead when it comes to RPM - it occasionally shows something but mostly it's 0. :(
I can adjust the speeds by setting them to 0%, but the RPM value is not displayed.

What to do now?

//edit
Channel 4 behaves the same way.
What could have happened here?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Marucins« (15. Februar 2024, 00:00)

Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2024, 07:25

I connected the previous fans - disconnected all others. Channel 3 is dead when it comes to RPM - it occasionally shows something but mostly it's 0.
Sounds like the Output 3and 4 is damaged.

Depending on how old the device is, it must be checked whether this is a warranty case. Repairing it is probably quite difficult and expensive.
You can contact our support team by email with your invoice.

Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2024, 14:03

The device is really old, bought in 2015. However, it has been working together with the heat sink from the very beginning.

I could take it to a local computer service to keep the costs from being astronomically high, as shipping alone would be outrageously expensive.
Maybe I'll find out which circuit is responsible for these two channels (probably one for 1-2 and the other for 3-4). If the service could tell me where to look, I would be satisfied, and they would too, as they would still have a customer – yes, yesterday I bought a farbwerk 360 as an addition to the setup.

Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2024, 15:07

Maybe I'll find out which circuit is responsible for these two channels
The parts close to the relay connector.

It's hard to say what's broken.
The small 3 pin circuit near the relay connector is for the ESD protection of the rpm signals, maybe something is faulty there.