• 27.04.2024, 21:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Newbie here. Help with some questions, please?

Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2024, 17:50

I've spent the last couple weeks reading articles and watching videos about Aquacomputer products, and I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to be basing all the control/monitoring functions of the PC build that I'm planning upon the AC ecosystem. The reasons for the decision are that besides the vast majority of the reviews I've encountered rating the AC products as some of the best products on the market, the suite of products has very robust capabilities and is very flexible - but that's also what's got me a bit confused. I'm hoping some folks on the forum can help me with a few questions.

I'm planning to use a Watercool MO-RA3 420 as the basis of my cooling loop and put all the AC products inside the PC chassis and run tubing with quick-disconnects between the PC chassis and MO-RA. The PC chassis will have an appropriate amount of air cooling, but no radiators. To provide power for the fans and control to the MO-RA, I plan to use a Splitty9 Active at the MO-RA itself and then run extensions for USB, Molex, and Aquabus between the MO-RA and PC chassis. I'll use a Molex->Sata adapter to power the Splitty9. I'm not sure if I'll be using 4x200mm or 9x140mm fans on the MO-RA yet, so that's why I'm thinking Splitty9. Also not sure about additional specific AC devices/modules. I've been reading the forums, but haven't come across definitive answers to some of the things I'm confused about, and that's what brings me to my questions:
  1. Are there any inherent flaws in the overall plan I described, above? For example, would the length of the cables between the PC chassis and the MO-RA for Aquabus be too long (they'll probably be around 2m).

2. I believe that HWInfo64 can read all the sensor data from AC devices (the physical sensors, not necessarily virtual sensors defined in Aquasuite). If I'm not mistaken, HWInfo64 has a limit of 16 AC [Edit: sensors USB devices]. Is that correct? I've been using my own Rainmeter skins with HWInfo64 for many years and although Aquasuite would be more elegant, I'd still like to leverage some of my Rainmeter stuff.

3. Is the reverse true? Can Aquasuite read all data from HWInfo64? If so, is there a limit to how many parameters, or any particular configuration required? Is the HWInfo64 SharedMemory subscription required? All the articles I've found are discussing reading AC device data into HWInfo64, not HWInfo64 data into Aquasuite.

4. I'll be using 2x D5 pumps in the loop as well as a flow sensor (all from AC). If I get D5 NEXTs and a Flow sensor high Flow NEXT, will the temperature sensors in them be sufficiently accurate that I won't need a Calitemp sensor, as well? I've read some posts where the difference in readings has been as much as 5°C [or more] across these devices in the same loop at the same time.

5. I believe that if I do end up using a Calitemp sensor, I'll also need an Aquaero module (I assume it would be v6) to connect it to. If that's true, I think I also need a Aquabus x4 so I have 1 connection for the Calitemp and other(s) for the other devices. Is that correct?

6. If I'm going to use an Aquaero module, would I be able to use one of the Splitty modules in place of the Aquabus x4 to multiplex the Aquabus connection and connect a Calitemp sensor to the Splitty module?

7. I've read a number of articles about Aquaero modules getting very hot. If I use an aquaero, how would I know whether I need additional heat dissipation, like the Passive Heat Sink ? That product page also shows an image of a water block attached to the heat sink for an aquaero v6, but I couldn't find a product page for it. Is that even something to consider (assuming it's available)?

8. If I went with an Aquaero XT or Pro, can I use an extension cable between the core module and the display? Also, has anyone come up with a clever way to mount the display outside a PC case that doesn't have a 5.25" bay? I ran into a post where someone proposed making a 3d-printed version of an enclosure, but I don't have a 3d printer if such a thing were even available.

9. I read an article that if Aquasuite is running, and changes are made directly on an Aquaero device (XT or Pro versions), that the changes made on the Aquaero device don't persist and you have to exit Aquasuite first, if you want to make any configuration changes on the Aquaero device itself. If that's correct, is there some protocol that needs to be followed when using an Aquaero device along with Aquasuite?

10. For systems that have both Aquaero and Aquasuite, what is the startup protocol? Does Aquasuite load settings from Aquaero, does Aquaero load settings from Aquasuite, are they both independent of each other (that would be very confusing)?

11. Is it correct that I can configure everything with Aquasuite and then once I'm done, I'd never need to run Aquasuite again unless I needed to change the configuration - in other words, all my configuration information would reside on the various AC modules and they would work together as configured, even if Windows isn't running (I'm currently using a different vendor's products on my current PC and their applications need to be constantly running for the hardware to work as desired).

I appreciate the time anyone would have spent to read/reply to my dumb questions. If there are any online articles/videos that would help me learn better, I'd be grateful if someone could steer me in that direction, as well.
Thank you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Mike817« (16. Februar 2024, 15:26)

PvF

Freitag, 16. Februar 2024, 06:04

# 2
Yes, HWInfo64 can read the Sensors from the AC devices and the imported soft. Sensors of the device.
The virtual Sensors from "Playground" are not readable. There is no limit of 16 sensors
Here are the Sensors in HWInfo from my devices: HWinfo.jpg

Yes, the aquasuite can read all of the HWInfo-Sensors. The SharedMemory subscription is not required, but then there is a time limit of 12h. After the 12h you can simply reactivate the SharedMemory function in HWInfo (or write a little script that can do it for you automatically)

There will be more or less differences in the temp. reading - you can try to eliminate the differences by adding an offset in the software or the much better way is to use/read only one temp. Sensor if they are normally should read the same temperature...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »PvF« (16. Februar 2024, 06:30)

Remayz

Freitag, 16. Februar 2024, 11:56

You can read virtual sensors in HWinfo64 if you define them in one of the software sensor slots of one of your devices.
That's pretty handy since even RGB controllers like the Farbwerk360 has 16 software sensor slots. you have plenty available to expose your virtual sensors to HWinfo ;)

Freitag, 16. Februar 2024, 15:25

# 2
Yes, HWInfo64 can read the Sensors from the AC devices and the imported soft. Sensors of the device.
The virtual Sensors from "Playground" are not readable. There is no limit of 16 sensors
Here are the Sensors in HWInfo from my devices: [attach]10739[/attach]
Thanks, I'm glad you pointed this out. I should have said 16 AC USB devices, not sensors -- unless it's been updated since v7.47 (it's only mentioned in the hwinfo forums , not the release notes). I edited my post to mention USB devices instead of sensors.

Freitag, 16. Februar 2024, 18:39

I should have said 16 AC USB devices, not sensors - unless it's been updated since v7.47 (it's only mentioned in the hwinfo forums , not the release notes). I edited my post to mention USB devices instead of sensors.
Hi Mike817 and welcome to the forum. I am the OP of that thread on the HWINFO forum and can confirm that Martin increased the limit for Aquacomputer devices from 8 to 16 in v7.47-5120 beta.

There is a bit of a learning curve for Aquacomputer products, so you do need to do some research prior to making hardware and control topology decisions. In addition to this forum, there is an Aquacomputer Official Support subreddit under r/watercooling. Aquacomputer rep Shoggy monitors the support subreddit and usually responds to new posts within a day or 2. There is also an Aquasuite help thread on the Hardware LUXX forum. Its German but Google translate makes this irrelevant. Links are below. The owners’ manuals are a good source of information but most of them have not been updated to remove references to discontinued products or explain features and capabilities that were added in later versions of Aquasuite. If I may offer a general tip - be very careful with Aquacomputer cables and connectors. Devices like the Octo, Quadro, Farbwerk360, D5 Next, High Flow Next, Vision, etc., use a variety of different connectors for the various ports so you need to pay attention when ordering connection cables and things like temp sensor fittings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…ral_discussion/

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/th…thread.1294002/

Freitag, 16. Februar 2024, 20:03

I believe that if I do end up using a Calitemp sensor, I'll also need an Aquaero module (I assume it would be v6) to connect it to. If that's true, I think I also need a Aquabus x4 so I have 1 connection for the Calitemp and other(s) for the other devices. Is that correct?
The Aquabus x4 module is only required if you use 2 or more Calitemp sensors.
If you only have 1 Calitemp sensor, you can use Aquabus Y-Cables or a Splitty 9 to connect all your aquabus devices.

I've read a number of articles about Aquaero modules getting very hot. If I use an aquaero, how would I know whether I need additional heat dissipation, like the Passive Heat Sink ? That product page also shows an image of a water block attached to the heat sink for an aquaero v6, but I couldn't find a product page for it. Is that even something to consider (assuming it's available)?
It depends on how many fans you connect to the Aquaero. A Heat Sink is only required if you use a lot of voltage regulated fans. If you connect PWM Fans only, you dont need a Heat Sink.
The Aquaero requires a small stream of air to cool itself. If you put the aquaero in a closed box, it will overheat even with a heat sink.

If I went with an Aquaero XT or Pro, can I use an extension cable between the core module and the display?
The Signal to the Display is very sensitive. A short extension cable of about 5cm should work, but it is not recommended to do this. Anyhing longer than 10cm has a very high chance that it will not work.

Is it correct that I can configure everything with Aquasuite and then once I'm done, I'd never need to run Aquasuite again unless I needed to change the configuration - in other words, all my configuration information would reside on the various AC modules and they would work together as configured, even if Windows isn't running
Yes, the configuration information is saved in the device, the Aquasuite is not required to run.
But you can only use sensors that are connected to the Aquaero as a data source. Software Sensors will not work.
For example, if you create a fan curve, you need a temperature sensor that is physically connected to the Aquaero (or with an aquabus cable) as a data source.
Creating a fan curve using the cpu or graphic card temperature will not work, because the aquaero can only obtain these values with a running aquasuite (software sensor)