• 27.04.2024, 14:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Anyone run a dedicated PSU for your Aquaero system?

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 05:25

I'm looking at building a standalone cooler that is external to my PC (like a MoRa but fully standalone). It seems like giving this a dedicated SFX form factor PSU would be massively wasteful plus be undesirable from a packaging standpoint anyway.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

The cooler will have an Aquaero6 XT, dual D5 NEXT pumps, up to 13A of fans, a handful of temp & flow sensors from the aquacomputer ecosystem, and a USB hub.

Dops

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 13:04

You should probably try to distribute the current load across several power rails. and install a switch in case of emergency.

translated with Google

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 20:56

I actually don't want to use an ATX PSU for this at all. I was hoping someone might know of a small and simple unit that has no outputs other than 5V and 12V. Maybe something like an old laptop power brick?

Dops

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 21:11

OK. I understand. I have no idea about this, but modern notebooks have USB-C. That's how I know it from DELL. Maybe this is something for you.

I once needed an external power supply for 2 giants and built a stainless steel box for the ATX power supply. It was a lot of effort but it looked good.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 21:46

there are power supplies with a molex connector. with a suitable splitter i imagine that'd be all you would need.

That missing ground lug is annoying though.. when i used that i had to solder a bridge between the grounds on the splitter i was using.