• 27.04.2024, 15:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to use D5 Next water temp data to setup fan curve in Octo

Dienstag, 27. Februar 2024, 18:22

Hello. I have a new build where I use the Ultitube 150 Pro and Octo (control all fans). I don't have a water temperature sensor connected via the Octo. I only have water temperature data via the D5 Next. I like to use the water temperature to control my fan curve. On my other build I connected the Octo to the AQ6 to do setups which was easy, however, I can't connect the Octo to the D5 Next like I did with the AQ6. I planned to install the High Flow 2 but no one had them in stock when I did my purchases. I will make change in the future, but for now I need this temporary fix.

How can I use the water temperature data from the D5 next as the data source to setup my fan curve in the Octo? I created a Soft Sensor in the Octo for the D5 temp sensor as a data source in Octo but I don't see it as a data source in the fan curve option so am stuck at this point. I'll keep chugging away trying to figure this out and hopefully someone chimes in and puts me on the right path.

Thanks...Al

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (27. Februar 2024, 18:32)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Dienstag, 27. Februar 2024, 19:12

• Install Aquasuite, assuming you're using Windows.
  • Inside Aquasuite, you should see your D5 NEXT pump. Under that pump, there's fan settings. Set the fan curve based on your "Data Source" (in this case your water temp)
If your D5 NEXT is not shown in Aquasuite, it's likely that you forgot to connect it to the motherboard USB header using the included cable that came with your pump.
When you purchase your highflow NEXT, it'll also come with a USB cable. Connect it to your motherboard USB header and it should show up in Aquasuite. It too, has a built-in temp sensor, flow sensor, etc.

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 19:29

Hey Aquaman thanks for the reply. I am trying to use the Octo to control fan curve and not the D5 pump. I have no fans connected to the D5 Next. I need to use the D5 next water temperature data in the Octo to set up my fan curve.

I have a feeling that I need to setup via the playground which I am not familiar with but there's an older thread out there on this. I will have to find it and use it for reference.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 22:10

NVM. I found and ordered the High Flow 2. All is good. The fan curve is up and running.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (8. März 2024, 20:08)