• 27.04.2024, 15:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pwm server fans full speed through silverstone powered splitters but they work with direct connections to aquero 6 pro

Montag, 18. März 2024, 03:31

so heres the setup ive got:

all 4 ports on the aquero are set up identically in the software which ive forgotten the name of. they are all set to auto with the steepest hottest ramp (used automatic and slide the slider all the way right) these are then linked to the 4 fan ports all set to have a max rpm of 10,000 they are all set to pwm with minimum power set to 0 and max 100%
  • fan port 1 on the aquero > directly to one noctua fans ... this fan runs fine
  • fan port 2 and 3 connect rpm and pwm to a silver stone each which also has power from a sata cable and 3 of the nidec fans populate each silverstone splitter these all run full speed no matter what i do
  • fan port 4 connects to a silverstone but only has 1 nidec and the final noctua these fans also spin full speed all the time also no matter what i do

troubleshooting i have tried:
  • installing splitters and fans on those splitters between the silverstones and the aquero incase the aquero simply doesnt do anything with the ports unless it sees power and ground on the ports these were 3 pin fans so i do not know if pwm signal was getting to them or not but no change however when i change it to voltage modulation rather than pwm the 3 pin fans do spin up and work normally
  • plugged the other noctua fan directly into the aquero and it works fine
  • plugged a nidec directly into the aquero and it works just fine
  • plugged only the noctua into a silverstone and disconnected the others and still goes full speed

im about to cut apart a molex connector extension cable and plug the fans power directly into it and wire all the pwm wires together as well and go direct. because maybe the pwm signal is too weak to go through the silverstone splitters? or do Aquacomputer SPLITTY9 Active Splitter (53283) those boost the pwm signal to run 3 fans each (limited to 3 because 1.4a each)?

any help would be amazing!

Montag, 18. März 2024, 08:14

plugged only the noctua into a silverstone and disconnected the others and still goes full speed
sounds like the splitter is not working or compatible with the aquaero.
try this:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3830

Montag, 18. März 2024, 20:14

plugged only the noctua into a silverstone and disconnected the others and still goes full speed
sounds like the splitter is not working or compatible with the aquaero.
try this:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3830
That is going to be what i do next if taking the wires and connecting them directly doesnt work but do you know if the active splitty9 boosts the pwm signal or no?

Montag, 18. März 2024, 23:32

From the product page : "SPLITTY9 ACTIVE amplifies the PWM signal to be able to control problematic fans with out-of-spec PWM inputs."