• 27.04.2024, 17:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New Build Help

Mittwoch, 20. März 2024, 14:24

Hello,

I'm currently building a new system and I think using Aquasuite to control my equipment would be the best approach but I'm very uncertain as to how I should connect my fans. They're 3 sets of Phanteks D30-140 (9 fans daisy chained in sets of 3). Which controller would be best for my application?

I also have an EKWB DDC 4.2 PWM pump that I want to run in my loop. Can I connect this to a PWM on an Aquacomputer controller and control it through that? Can an Aquacomputer controller be told that this is actually a pump rather than a fan?

For reference, the components I currently have are;
  • D5 Ultitube Pro w/Leakshield
  • High flow Next
  • EKWB DDC 4.2 PWM (secondary pump which I may or may not use in loop dependant on flow rates etc.)
  • 3 sets of Phanteks D30-140 (total of 9 fans but they're daisy chained in sets of 3)
  • Asus Z790 Apex Encore Motherboard
  • Phanteks NV9 Case
Thanks in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »DougieD« (21. März 2024, 00:43)

Montag, 25. März 2024, 21:31

The Ultitube has an output that can be used for fans up to 25watts, but I bet all those fans would exceed this. Personally, I would go with either a Quadro or Octo fan controller, depending on any potential future needs. AQ also sells fan splitters but I am not familiar how you would integrate that into the AQ equipment (non-Aquaero) you have.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3830

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3420

I highly doubt non-AQ pumps will work with AQ stuff, but I will let someone else confirm this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (25. März 2024, 21:38)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Freitag, 29. März 2024, 20:24

PWM controlled EKWB pumps can be adjusted with Aqua Computer controllers just fine. Any PWM fan controller should do, actually.
My setups are the following, installed in two separate computers:
  • Octo controlling an EKWB D5 pump (and fans)
  • Quadro controlling an EKWB DDC pump (and fans)
Each pump has its settings / curves in the "Fans" panel in Aquasuite. That works for me as all PWM ports on the Aqua Computer device can be named for easy identification, e.g., "Pump".

Both of these devices, Octo (8 PWM ports) and Quadro (4 PWM ports), have very similar features and capabilities. Even the Quadro can power a good number of (daisy-chained) fans: I had 3 groups of 4 fans each until I switched to Octo in that particular computer. The Octo does not provide any extra power in total (still 25 W per port, max 100 W total), but it obviously has more individually controlled ports. Nevertheless, I am only using 4 PWM ports on the Octo. In my opinion, these controllers work best when directly connected to a temperature sensor (up to 4 sensors) which can then be used as the data source for fan and pump curves.

I have no experience in using more than one Aqua Computer USB device simultaneously in a single computer.

Samstag, 30. März 2024, 17:45

If you are going to control the LEDs in the Phanteks D30s with Aquasuite, be aware that the LEDs are arranged in 15 groups of 2 so they are not individually addressable. If you tell Aquasuite there is 1 LED, 2 LEDs will light up. If you tell Aquasuite there are 15 LEDs, all 30 LEDs will light up. I don't know why Phanteks did this. The LED pairing reduces control granularity by 50% and RGB effects that sequentially light LEDs will look strange on a D30 fan. IIf you are using a Farbwerk360 RGBpx controller it will also throw off the LED power calculations because for each D30 fan, Aquasuite will think its driving 15 LEDs when its really driving 30 LEDs.