• 16.04.2024, 14:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero Aquastream Connection Quaestion

Freitag, 14. März 2008, 19:46

Hi folks,

I recently purchased an Aquaero VF display version 4.00 and an Aquatream XT pump. But how exactly do I connect these beauties?

Do I connect them both with a usb cable to my motherboard?

Or do I have to connect the pump with a connection cable (which cable excactly?) to the Aquaero display and connect the diplay via the internal usb connector to my motherboard?

If I need to purchase an additional cable to connect the pump with the display, which cable from the shop do I pick? All say that the 70 cm cables aren't compatible with the Aquastream Xt pumps....

I'm confused here, help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Re: Aquaero Aquastream Connection Quaestion

Freitag, 14. März 2008, 20:35

Welcome to the forum :)

To use all features you should connect both devices to USB.

The pump comes with a 3-pin cable, it can be used to connect the aquastream XT to the aquaero via aquabus so you can read out some data or adjust the frequency.

Freitag, 14. März 2008, 20:59

Zitat von »Shoggy@SILO«

Welcome to the forum :)

To use all features you should connect both devices to USB.

The pump comes with a 3-pin cable, it can be used to connect the aquastream XT to the aquaero via aquabus so you can read out some data or adjust the frequency.

Thank you for the quick reply!

So first I connect both devices (aquastream and aquaero) with an internal usb cable to my motherboard.

But how exactly do I connect the pump with the display, which connector of the pump do I use: RPM or Aquabus?

Cobra88

Samstag, 15. März 2008, 18:21

Hi Shoggy

I have the same problem with my AC stuff.

have been though the Aquaero & Aquastream manuals about 10 times and it does not say this anywhere and it's not clear how they should be connected.

I have my Aquastream XT Ultra connected to the motherboard USB
I have My Aquaero connected to the Motherboard USB

then i have the 3 pin cable from the Aquabus connector on the XT ultra to the Aquabus connctor on the Aquaero but my flow meter still will not work.

I think something was lost when the manuals where translated into English ?. maybe

Not sure but it's not easy to follow for sure.

can we have a connection guide on these forums please ?.

Regards
Rick
By the Way Shoggy I do love my Aqua-Computer ;)
top quality stuff and very quiet ;D

Samstag, 15. März 2008, 23:54

@ Cobra 88

I received this answer from the moderator Shoggy:

Zitat:
But how exactly do I connect the pump with the display, which connector of the pump do I use: RPM or Aquabus?

On both devices you use the aquabus connector.

best regards,

Shoggy

In short:

* Connect pump and display with internal usb connector to motherboard
* Connect 3 pin cable to the aquabus connector on the backside of the pump to the aquabus connector of the aquaero display

Cobra88

Sonntag, 16. März 2008, 13:12

Hi Lil_Duck

yes thats how mine is connected but flow sensor refuses to work for me on my Aquastream XT Ultra :(

I am guessing the pump is faulty as it also will not let me set the pump frequency.

I will try to contact the Guys at AC but not yet had any of my e mails answered or any of my questions that where in my orders.

Regards
Rick

Montag, 17. März 2008, 10:48

@Cobra88

Try to connect the 3pin connector from the aquabus port on your display to the rpm port on your aquastream xt. This should work! Good luck buddy

Montag, 17. März 2008, 15:06

Zitat von »Lil_Duck«

@Cobra88

Try to connect the 3pin connector from the aquabus port on your display to the rpm port on your aquastream xt. This should work! Good luck buddy

THAT IS WRONG!

Well, I do not really underestand where the problem is. Both devices have an aquabus port - could it be easier? ;)

The port on the aquastream can be used for aquabus communication OR a flow sensor. A simultaneous use for aquabus and a flow sensor is not possible.

As default the port is configurated for aquabus communication. If you want to use a flow sensor instead, you will have to set this in the aquasuite software and save it to the pump. Afterwards a restart (off/on) is necessary.

(The pump itself has no flow sensor integrated.)

Montag, 17. März 2008, 17:49

@ Shoggy

AC products are great but the supplied manual (in German!) isn't that clear at all. I'm deeply sorry for giving wrong information to a forum member. The manual says that if you want to control the pump speed, you have to use the rpm port. The descriptions in the manual are to short to my personal opinion. A little extra info/explaining doesn't hurt anybody.

The fact that dozens of people ask all different kind of questions on this forum should be considered as a sign to improve your manuals. No pun intented. See this as a way to further improve those lovely products! ;)

Kind regards,

Cobra88

Montag, 17. März 2008, 22:43

Hi Shoggy

I have both items connected to my Motherboard and the 3pin cable from Aquabus to Aquabus.

not tried it any other way but still have no flow readings from my Aquastream XT Ultra.

I too find the manual a little confusing but the fact that you guys even make an effort to provide English manuals is very welcome.

i am very happy with everything i have from you Guys and will recomend you highly ;)

Regards
Rick

Montag, 17. März 2008, 23:11

Zitat von »Cobra88«

not tried it any other way but still have no flow readings from my Aquastream XT Ultra.

The aquaero can't display any flow rate which is measured by the aquastream pump.

It's also just impossible because when you use the aquabus function, a flow sensor can not be connected to the pump.

Cobra88

Montag, 17. März 2008, 23:57

Hi Shoggy

How can i view the Aquastream flow rate & temperature ?.

I have seen screenshots of the flow & temperature but it does not look like the Aquasuite screens i have.

this is what you show but i have no screen like this.

what am i missing ?.

Sorry for missunderstanding the ultra vesrion as i thought that was so it could combine with the Aquasuite software

Regards
Rick ;)

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 01:14

To see both values in the aquasuite you will have to use the ultra version and an optional flow rate sensor must be attached to the aquastream.

Cobra88

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 01:36

Hi Shoggy

I have a brand new XT Ultra in the system i recieved a week ago but i cannot see temperature or flow.

The spec for the XT Ultra says on board Temperature & Flow sensor but if you can't view them i wasted 20 euro

Maybe this is an area where the translation is incorrect.

or maybe i have a faulty pump? :-[

Regards
Rick

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 01:46

As already said: the pump has no integrated flow sensor.
We also do not mention anywhere that it has an integrated flow sensor.

The fact that you don't see the temperature is a bit strange. Are you sure that it is an ultra version? The overview window should show the text "aquastream XT ultra" in the lower center.

The aquaero can't display the flow of the pump. It can only display a chosen temperature (water, electronics or external sensor) which will be mapped to sensor 6.

Cobra88

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 01:58

Hi Shoggy

My apologies about the flow sensor.
i just re read the spec and it's flow sensor conection not built in.  :-[

I think my Aquaero is seeing the Aquastream XT Ultra but not the USB cable.

if i reboot with the USB cable off it's still the same.

SO i am guessing it's the cable as i tested the Motherboard headers and they all show a usb device correctly when i plus them in.

is there any connection under the yellow end cover that might not be connected ?.

Regards
Rick

edit: yes USB is not being seen :(
shots

I have checked the cable with a multimeter and it's ok.

can only guess there is a fault with the pcb on the back of the XT Ultra ?.

Cobra88

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 23:57

so no help now ?.

:(

Cobra88

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 02:57

I e mailed AC tech support 4 days ago now and they too are ignoring me just like Shoggy.

Not impressed at all :(

Rick

Freitag, 21. März 2008, 05:31

Try to write an IM to Shoggy. He's only a person not a computer ;)
:rolleyes:

Cobra88

Samstag, 22. März 2008, 00:38

Hi Bones

Not much point as He will ignore that too.

I am disgusted that AC tech support still have not replied.

now e mailed them 3 times in a week and nothing.

Checked my spam folder too and nothing from AC in there :(

Regards
Rick