• 27.04.2024, 15:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Newbie Aquaero questions

Montag, 7. April 2008, 23:50

Hi All

I've decided to take the plunge and buy an Aquaero, but there are a couple of really basic things I'd like to know first.

1) what is the advantage of the VFD version over the LCD version? why is it so much more expensive? or is it just down to looks?

2) It looks like the blue LCD version has to be made to order, so what sort of delivery time is there if delivering to the UK?
I have one on order from Scan but will most likely cancel it to order direct from aquacomputer to get it faster.

3) are there any known major issues when using with Vista 64?

I realise these are all very basic questions that have probably been covered a million times before, so thank you in advance to those who reply.

Re: Newbie Aquaero questions

Montag, 7. April 2008, 23:59

1) Basically, yes, it's mostly about looks. Having gone through several Aquaero's, I can say that the VFD has no diagonal viewing distortion. This means you can clearly read the VFD from any angle. Also the VFD seems to be brighter/easier to read. If that's worth the price...so be it.

2) No clue.

3) Not that I can see as of yet. My biggest gripe is that I've still not been able to flash my Aquastream XT to the most current firmware. This is a problem shared by a lot of folks, across (seemingly) many different OS's. Also, the Aquaero network feature has never worked right (I've never seen any network traffic generated from the software). This, also, was a problem on many platforms. Overall, I've found NO issues with the Aquasuite and Vista 64.