• 24.04.2024, 16:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Caliber

How to connect my AC-equipment the smartest way

Sonntag, 2. März 2008, 03:09

Hi.
Im new to these forums, as ive just purchased some AC-equipment for my project. Ive bought an Aquaero (Blue/white), an Aquastream XT Ultra and a flowsensor (5,6mm). Im a bit unshure of how these should be connected for the best usability. Can i connect the pump to the aquaero, and if so, would i then need to connect it to the motherboard aswell? Would there be any point in doing this? Should i connect the flowsensor directly to the pump or to the aquaero? Would either one give me any extra features? Id appreciate it if anyone could actually draw a schematic for the best possible connection of my purchased AC-products.

Re: How to connect my AC-equipment the smartest wa

Montag, 10. März 2008, 00:49

Connect it in the shortest order.

Caliber

Freitag, 4. April 2008, 17:17

In the shortest order? Ok, i will ask differently to explain what i want to know:

I have:

AC Aquastream XT Ultra
AC Aquaero
AC Multiswitch
AC Flowsensor
AC Poweradjust

All these except the flowsensor can be connected to the mainboard via USB. In order to connect the Aquastream to the Aquaero via the aquabus, i will have to connect the flowsensor to the aquaero.

But im still wondering about the multiswitch; i guess it also have to be connected to the mainboard, but is it possible or any point in connecting it to the aquaero also? Seeing as ive already used the only aquabus on the aquaero for the Aquastream, how is this done?

That leaves me with the poweradjust, wich i guess should also be connected with usb to the mainboard, and is capable of a second flow-sensor. This is also impossible to connect to any of the other hardware, but can it all be controlled trough Aquasuite?

EDIT: I now see that the multiswitch has two aquabus-connections, should i rather connect the aquastream and the aquaero to it?

Dienstag, 8. April 2008, 00:07

My best suggestion is to connect the Aquastream XT to the Aquaero via the Aquabus. This will allow you to "control" the Aquastream XT from the control buttons on the face of the Aquaero.

Also, connect the Aquastream XT to the motherboard via USB. This will allow you to flash/update the Aquastream XT's firmware as updates become available. Also, the Aquastream can be controlled independently via the Aquasuite if it is also directly connected to the mainboard.

The flowsensor can either be plugged into the pump or the Aquaero. If you plug it into the Aquaero, you'll be able to see the flow rate from the LCD, a nice feature.

The multiswitch should be connected into the motherboard via USB. Leave the two Aquabus ports open in case you'd like to add a tubemeter, extra Aquastream XT, etc.

Now, you can daisy chain devices off the back of the multiswitch, with the multiswitch ultimately being plugged into the Aquaero via the aquabus cable. This does violate the "shortest order" principle, but can save USB headers on your motherboard.

Good LUCK!

Dienstag, 8. April 2008, 00:10

i think Topnurse was referring to the hoses, not te cables ;)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Dienstag, 8. April 2008, 00:26

Whoops, you're probably right.

But now that I think about it, the rule still applies! HA!

Montag, 14. April 2008, 16:40

I have Aquaero, XT Ultra, Tubemeter, Multiswitch and a flow sensor.

The best that works is:
Aquaero on USB
XT Ultra connected USB and Aquabus on aquaero
Tubemeter on USB
Multiswitch on USB
Flowsensor on Aquaero.

I would like the floowing, but I experience very unstable connection to pump + I do not get temps from pump:

Aquaero on USB
XT Ultra on USB and Aquabus on Y cable with the Tubemeter on aquaero.

I also tried:
Aquaero on USB
Multiswitch on Aquabus on Aquaero
XT Ultra and Tubemeter on Y cable on Aquabus on multiswitch

The XT Ultra pump disapears and Aquaero says firmware to old.
(XT Ultra 1011)

What am I doing wrong???????

Speedy