• 16.04.2024, 10:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aquastream XT-Firmware 1.09, DIY-Flasher

Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008, 22:46

For the aquastrem XT we offer the firmware 1.09 for download as of now. The update is contained in a package with a flash software.

Some customers had problems with the fan output of the aquastream XT Ultra. In cooperation with affected customers we have found a possible cause which is fixed now. A not explicit defined condition of the processor can lead to a possible fault. We recommend all customers to install the new firmware.

Since an update was only possible in connection with the aquaero till now, we have developed a very simple to built flasher and of course the Windows software belonging to it .
The printer output must be set to ECP or ECP+EPP mode.
The software must be executed with admin rights (also under XP) and does not work under 64 bit Vista systems.

For flashting the new firmware the USB connection of the pump must be connected to the computer and the aquabus must be attached to the flasher.

The following components are needed for the flasher:

- one aquabus cable (will be destroyed)
- one diode e.g. 1N4148 or 1N4001-4007
- one 25-pole SUB D plug for the parallel port

Cables and plugs are connected as follows:

Pin 1 (Strobe) -> yellow cable
Pin 10 (ACK) -> red cable and diode (side without ring)
Pin 25 (GND) -> black cable
Pin 14 (AUTO FEED) -> diode (side with ring)

The diode will be attached  to Pin 14 with the "ring side" and with the other side to Pin 10 where also the red cable is soldered on.

The flash software does an initialization of the pump after selecting the firmware file. The pumps LED will blink fast.

The flash process lasts for 2 - 5 minutes depending on your computer. During the process the pump operates in the emergency mode. After that the pump must be started newly.

We ask you for feedback whether the new firmware solves problems with the fan output.

In the next few daystThe flasher can also be purchased in our shop for EUR 3.99 as a complete product with a case.

Here is a photo to the flasher:

And the link for the firmware and software:

http://www.aqua-computer.de/download/aqu…_flasher100.zip

The contained firmware can also be flashed with the aquaero.

Re: aquastream XT-Firmware 1.09, DIY-Flasher

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008, 11:19

Well, I flashed the Aquasteam XT Ultra (1006) with the new firmware thru the Aquaero (4.13a) without any problems.

But the fan problem has not been resolved with the new firmware 1.09!!! :'( The fans still jerk a little at COLD start of the PC. When the PC has been booted 5 or 6 times the fans start to work. And this is the same problem as with the 1006 firmware.

An other problem that I have is that from time to time the Aquaero has not been recognized under XP at startup but the Aquastream is, always.

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008, 14:25

Hi,

are you sure that the firmware-flash has been worked? Or can it be that the old firmware is still installed? Check please what the aquasuite is showing you.

Greeting Max Payne

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008, 16:16

Hi,

After flashing it first looked OK (after shutdown/restart) but this morning I tried to boot a COLD computer with the same problem as earlier, no fan output. :'(

The read out in Aquasuite shows firmware 1009 for the Aquastream.

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008, 01:25

The problem is still here I'm afraid.

After flashing to version 1009 there's no fan output within a cool boot, you have to turn off and on, (no reboot). Usually once or twice is enought.

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008, 23:16

Yep, jdgb99... still that same problem over here! After flashing to the 1009 firmware the fan output does still not work!

I only see people reporting errors when flashing the new 1.09 but almost none saying that the update did NOT resolve the bug.

But are we the only guys who have this problem? ???

Montag, 14. April 2008, 01:18

Hi Shoggy,

I have tried to flash my aquastream XT using your setup and it is not working for me.

The LPT flasher says "Error at verify, page XXX(0-111)" everytime I flash the drive. The pump now stayed with LED flashing rapidly and aquasuite no longer sees the drive.

I was upgrading the pump from firm. 1003 to 1011. The boot loader on the pump is 101 and I am using XP SP2 as Admin.

What do I do? Have I lost the pump?

The cable is made exactly as mentioned connected to the ECP port and the aquabus port on the pump (I am not sure but I think it may have been configured as flowmeter?)

Can you give me some advice please?
Many thanks!

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008, 19:26

Same problem here. I've tried every which way to flash the Aquastream XT Ultra. Built the parallel cable, installed different OS's with the Aquasuite, etc. Still no luck. PLEASE! Can anyone help with this???

Bootloader - 101
FW - 1005

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008, 20:47

Zitat von »Shoggy«

When you start the flashing tool and have choosen the firmware, disconnect the pump from the power supply and click the button to start the firmware update. Afterwards attach the pump to the power supply again and the update process should work.

Dienstag, 9. September 2008, 08:54

Well, for anyone still frustrated by not being able to flash their Aquastream XT to the most current firmware...I have found a solution!!! So here goes...

First off, forget what Shoggy said. Please, no offense Shoggy..I know you get touchy when people attack your advice but in this case, it really just adds superfluous confusion to an already frustrating situation.

Step 1) Ensure you have a printer port (25 pin LPT) on your PC. NOT an aftermarket card with an LPT port. It MUST be a native (soldered on your motherboard) LPT port. Something about connections through the ternary PCI bus screws the flasher up.

Step 2) Make sure you're running Windows XP (x86). I've tried the flash from Vista x86, Vista x64, and XP x64. All had limited success but the flash was never entirely successful. Additionally, make sure your printer port is recognized as an "ECP Printer Port". Nothing fancy like "Qualcomm LPT", etc.

Step 3) Run the parallel port flash updater. Choose the flash file. BEFORE pressing the start flash button, disconnect the power cable from the pump. Leave the USB cable CONNECTED. Now reconnect the power and press the "start flash" button. You must press the "start flash" button while the light on the pump is still SOLID RED. You'll have about two seconds to do this after you reconnect the power, before the red light starts to flash again. Don't ask me why this is, it just works.

Additionally: I installed a fresh copy of XP x86, then installed .NET 2.0, and finally the LPT flasher software. I'd also recommend using a switching diode if you make your own cable (AC recommends 1N4148). This is because switching diodes react better to out-of-phase currents that are known to plague parralel circuits in PC's (like LPT ports).

GOOD LUCK!!