• 25.04.2024, 01:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Project: AC in the US (English) LOTS OF PICS

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 02:34

Hello everyone. I have started a new project and I want to see what you guys think. I love Aqua Computer products and want to make a bold statement about German watercooling in the US. This is the stuff I've ordered so far:

1 x AquaStream 12v
- Connector: Plug&Cool Straight
1 x AquaJet for AquaTube
1 x AquaTube LED Mod
- Color: Ultra Violet
1 x AquaBay for AquaTube/AquaStream
1 x Aquaero Flow Sensor
- Cable Connection: None
1 x Aquaero Revision 3.07
1 x AquaTube Revision 1.1
- Color: Blue Anodized Aluminum
1 x Airplex Evo 360 Grill
1 x Aquaero Sensor Cable
1 x AC MultiTool
2 x AquaDrive
- Color: Blue Anodized Aluminum
1 x GlowMotion
- Color: Clear Blue
1 x Aquaero Water Temp Sensor
1 x AC Fluid
1 x Aquaero to Aquastream Cable Connection
- Length: 10 cm
1 x Airplex Evo 360
7 x Plug&Cool Hose
- Color: Clear
1 x AquaDrive Micro

I have not ordered the waterblocks yet because I am waiting for Intel's new socket 775 and PCI Express then I'll buy AC's first available waterblocks for that stuff along with a chipset cooler.

I am in the process of getting a Lian Li V2000 custom painted with Aqua Computer logos on it. I've included some Photoshop photos:

I am going to get this professionally painted by a top notch facility with a laser engraved AC logo in the window.

Tell me what you guys think. (hopefully in English please)

Thanks
Blue...

Re: Project: AC in the US (English)

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 02:38

what i think?
nice
now build ist and always keep in mind: this forum loves pictures ;D

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 02:43

Zitat von »Nemesis«

what i think?
nice
now build ist and always keep in mind: this forum loves pictures ;D

It'll take a while to get this all together unfortunately. I have to wait about a month to get it all from Germany and it'll take about 4-6 weeks to get my case custom painted. I love pictures too, especially since my german is terrible. I will post lots of pics every step of the way in this thread, it just might take a while. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate, post...

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 02:55

First off, welcome!

Well, i think its a great idea getting the AC stuff to the states and showing off what german engineering is capable of  ;)

Do you already have an idea where you are gonna place all the AC components (pump, radiator etc.) in this case?

The reason i'm asking is that i got the same case (well, the pc-v1000..the smaller one) and im not sure where i should place the pump and expansion chamber yet.
I thought about placing them in the lower chambers (where the Hardrive rack is), but tubing these suckers to the rest of the components on the MoBo  would be a pain since there's only one small hole which leads from the lower compartments to the main MoBo compartment. Any ideas??
Keep spreading the word dude!

lion33319
Ich habe meine täglichen Prioritäten: Stuhlgang um 7.....aufstehen aber erst um 8.

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 07:29

Zitat von »lion33319«

First off, welcome!

Well, i think its a great idea getting the AC stuff to the states and showing off what german engineering is capable of  ;)

Do you already have an idea where you are gonna place all the AC components (pump, radiator etc.) in this case?

The reason i'm asking is that i got the same case (well, the pc-v1000..the smaller one) and im not sure where i should place the pump and expansion chamber yet.
I thought about placing them in the lower chambers (where the Hardrive rack is), but tubing these suckers to the rest of the components on the MoBo  would be a pain since there's only one small hole which leads from the lower compartments to the main MoBo compartment. Any ideas??
Keep spreading the word dude!

lion33319

Since you have this similar case, do you think you could put an Airplex Evo 360 in the top? I've looked at the dimensions and I think it'll fit. How far from the edge of the case does the top of the PCI slots come? I only have 45mm to work with on each side and I'd like it exactly centered.

I bought an AquaBay to put the AquaTube and I think I'll put the pump there too since it has a mount for it, but we'll see.
I was going to leave the bottom pretty much open for expansion. I think I might put a Vapochill down there eventually.

And I'll take my Dremel to the case if I have to to make holes for any tubing I need.

I just wonder if this one pump will be able to handle 3 harddrive blocks, 360 radiator, Aquatube, CPU, AquagrATIx, and a chipset cooler. Maybe I should run two loops. Any suggestions?

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 07:32

Zitat von »BlueAqua«

Since you have this similar case, do you think you could put an Airplex Evo 360 in the top width wise? I know your case is has a little less depth than the V2000.  I've looked at the dimensions and I think it'll fit.  How far from the edge of the case does the top of the PCI slots come?  I only have 45mm to work with on each side and I'd like it exactly centered.  

I bought an AquaBay to put the AquaTube and I think I'll put the pump there too since it has a mount for it, but we'll see.  
I was going to leave the bottom pretty much open for expansion.  I think I might put a Vapochill down there eventually.  

And I'll take my Dremel to the case if I have to to make holes for any tubing I need.  

I just wonder if this one pump will be able to handle 3 harddrive blocks, 360 radiator, Aquatube, CPU, AquagrATIx, and a chipset cooler.  Maybe I should run two loops.  Any suggestions?

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 09:28

Well thies is a very costly project, istn't it?

But I musst say, that I like the idea!

Please post more fotos while building up the case.

I'm sorry for my bad English.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 11:09

its sounds nice but one thing you should change. the Hard Disk drive cooler you odered is an hmm how i say that ? Okay i know this product is more an Optical one then a real Cooling Device because HDD's release their heat from the side so you take the real Aquadrive it also has a kind of silencer inside so the Hdd's should be more Quiet! btw. may be ou should take some Watercooled Power Supply but thats only an idea ;-)

Best Regards Slazer

edit says : nice Painting !!

only for you i post some pics here ! ;D

this is the normal Aquadrive !

and if its to expensive for you take this one here is the same price as the Micro one !

this one is the Aquadrive light !

ahh and be sure to order enough Hose may you should take the UV one and enough Plug and Cool Connecters !

okay here you see my old case with clear hose

and here the same with UV hose from Aqua Computer

WoW Status Magier / Mensch lvl 60 Berufe Schneidern 300 und Verzaubern 291 Erste Hilfe 300 server : Alextrasza(PVE) Charname : Portanius

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 14:16

@blueAqua:

it's gonna be tricky placing an evo 360 into the top. Due to the reversed motherboard tray (upside down), your only gonna be able to place your graphic card there since the other pci slots will get lost because of the height of the installed radiator (plus the fans if you dont want to use it passiv).
I think the evo240 will barely fit just before it reaches the pci slots, so i guess you would be better off with that.

Since you got the v2000, it wont be a problem for you to install an aquabay; there are enough slots left.

oh, and dont worry about the pump... it'll handle all of the components just fine.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Ich habe meine täglichen Prioritäten: Stuhlgang um 7.....aufstehen aber erst um 8.

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 22:42

Katzenfreund @YellowCat Stufe3 "Well thies is a very costly project, istn't it?"
Yes it is pretty costly but it's my hobby. It's a lot cheaper than buying a cool car and modifying that.

Slazer @ X800 einbau
I really like your case and setup. I can't wait to set my stuff up and hook it up similar to yours. I am getting 2 of these for the 74 gig WD Raptors:

I'll be getting 1 of these for my 200 gig WD just for some cooling. I'm also putting this one in a 3.5 inch bay and don't have the room for the side rails:

I bought 21 feet of the clear Plug and Cool UV hose. I think this should be enough hopefully.

lion33319
I'm hoping that I can get the evo 360 to fit in the top of the V2000. The depth of the case is 590mm and the length of the evo 360 is 403mm so hopefully I can get it in there and not block too many PCI slots. With the new PCI express boards coming out they have those PCI-E X1 short slots.

Here is a pic of a Foxconn 865P board in the V2000:

I think the evo 360 will block a couple of PCI slots but hopefully not too many. The only PCI card I have now the the SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but with the new HD audio standards going into the 925 chipset I don't know if I'll need it anymore, so that would just leave me with 1 PCI-Express X16 card. I guess we'll find out when the time comes.

Thanks for all the replys, you are more than welcome to write in German and I can use my translator and try my best to understand. The reason I posted on this site is because it's the BEST site available for Aqua Computer information.

BlueAqua....

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 23:23

@ blueAqua

i just tried it out with a piece of paper which i cut down to size to see if there's gonna be a problem with the radiator.

There wont be a problem with the length of the radiator. The only problem i see is that your gonna block 3 of your pci slots.
I got an audigy card myself which sits in the second pci slot ( AGP port -> 1 free pci slot -> audigy card)... so thats about all you'll be able to fit in there when u install the radiator.
The other problem could be the jumper connectors (power switch etc.) since the board ist upside down now, the jumper connectors are on top and might smack into the radiator (in my case). I also got a SATA connector right next to the jumpers which could cause some problems as well... hope you can follow me ;)

of course you could place the radiator a little off the center ( to the right when looking at the front of the case) when placing it in the top of the case...but that would look pretty §$%& up.

Re:  Project: AC in the US (English)

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 23:25

Zitat von »lion33319«

@ blueAqua

i just tried it out with a piece of paper which i cut down to size to see if there's gonna be a problem with the radiator.

There wont be a problem with the length of the radiator. The only problem i see is that your gonna block 3 of your pci slots.
I got an audigy card myself which sits in the second pci slot ( AGP port -> 1 free pci slot -> audigy card)... so thats about all you'll be able to fit in there when u install the radiator.
The other problem could be the jumper connectors (power switch etc.) since the board ist upside down now, the jumper connectors are on top and might smack into the radiator (in my case). I also got a SATA connector right next to the jumpers which could cause some problems as well... hope you can follow me ;)

of course you could place the radiator a little off the center ( to the right when looking at the front of the case) when placing it in the top of the case...but that would look pretty §$%& up.

Thanks a lot.  How much room do you think you have between the motherboard and the side of the radiator if you mounted the radiator in the center?

Here's some pictures of an Intel 925x motherboard.  Looks like the location of the connectors are a little different.

DFI

ABIT

ASUS

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004, 23:54

my guess would be approximately 38mm to either side of the case when placing the radiator in the middle (not conidering the MoBo, MoBo tray and spacers). Just measure the distance from the MoBo tray to the MoBo (including the jumper connectors) and subtract that from the 38cm...then youll know how much room youll have left. Would be nice if you could tell me the length you measured. I measured about 45mm from the mobo tray to the end of a jumper connector. So that would mean that thats 7mm too long... tuff luck.

got any suggestions or ideas?

edit:

judging from the pictures, the ASUS and the ABIT wouldnt fit since the jumper connectors are in the same place where they could cause problems. I don't see the jumper connectors on the DFI board though.

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 00:19

Zitat von »lion33319«

I measured about 45mm from the mobo tray to the end of a jumper connector. So that would mean that thats 7mm too long... tuff luck.

quote]

Did you measure to the end of the serial connector itself of just the connector on the motherboard itself.  I've seen serial ATA connectors that are at a right angle that just might work for this.  It'll be a tight squeeze if possible at all.  I think since the evo 360 is only 403 mm long and the case is 590mm deep then maybe the serial ATA connectors on the ASUS board might be ok.  

lion33319 you have helped a lot, I really appreciate you taking the time and measuring your case and looking for possible solutions for me.  Thank You.

Anyways, this is a quick photoshop picture of how I want to align the stuff in the drive bays, any suggestions?

Thanks once again.

BlueAqua

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 00:38

ahh i got something in ym mind you can put the controller of the Aquastream pump on the back of the Aquaero control modul ! btw. nice project and yes 21 feet should be really enough !!

regards slazer
WoW Status Magier / Mensch lvl 60 Berufe Schneidern 300 und Verzaubern 291 Erste Hilfe 300 server : Alextrasza(PVE) Charname : Portanius

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 00:38

i measured the end of the serial connector. Its gonna be a tight squeeze, youre right... but with a little pullin and shoving it might work.

edit:

your case setup: looks good  but consider that the radiator is gonna reach into the second drive slot (from the top).. in other words, the radiator is gonna reach 1cm or so into the second slot...your gonna get problems with your aquabay there. As you can see, its not all that easy. The only real bitch is the radiator. But once u got him installed right, you should be fine.

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 00:40

Zitat von »Slazer«

ahh i got something in ym mind you can put the controller of the Aquastream pump on the back of the Aquaero control modul ! btw. nice project and yes 21 feet should be really enough !!

regards slazer

Now that's stuff I need to hear. I didn't know that the pump controller could mount to the back of the Aquaero. That'll leave me with another drive bay open. Hmmmm, what should I do?

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 01:11

Zitat von »lion33319«

i measured the end of the serial connector. Its gonna be a tight squeeze, youre right... but with a little pullin and shoving it might work.

edit:

your case setup: looks good  but consider that the radiator is gonna reach into the second drive slot (from the top).. in other words, the radiator is gonna reach 1cm or so into the second slot...your gonna get problems with your aquabay there. As you can see, its not all that easy. The only real bitch is the radiator. But once u got him installed right, you should be fine.

I have the AquaBay with AquaTube in the 3rd and 5th bays from the top.  
Top bay >> Pump Controller(but could be something else if I put the pump controller with the Aquaero)
2nd bay >> Aquaero
3rd+4th >> Aquabay with Aquatube
5th bay >> AquaDrive
6th bay >> AquaDrive
7th bay >> DVD-R Drive

I figured having it this way would free up as much room as possible in the top to increase airlflow and space.  

What fans do you think I should use that would mount up easy, provide sufficient airflow, and are quiet?

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 01:56

i would go with the papst fans that are also available here (if you need fans for the radiator). They are really quiet and provide enough airflow.

Montag, 14. Juni 2004, 11:43

Zitat von »BlueAqua«

Now that's stuff I need to hear.  I didn't know that the pump controller could mount to the back of the Aquaero.  That'll leave me with another drive bay open.  Hmmmm, what should I do?

okay here an other trick  ;D you can do the Aquaero on the first slot and under that do the Aquabay with the munted Aquatube that is a little bit tricky but it fits ive done this several times on Lian Li Pc 60 case so it should fit by you too ! thats the best options the use the slots thats blocked by the radiator !

regards slazer !