• 23.04.2024, 16:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

smoothy

General Watercooling Help

Sonntag, 9. November 2008, 13:24

Hi all,

this is my first attempt at water cooling my system and i have a couple of questions.

First of all. Can i mount an aquastream xt ultra upside down?

Does the pump have to be at the bottom of the loop? what happens if not?

Can i plug the aquastream xt into an aquaero?

any particular order of connecting components?

any other general important stuff a noob should know?

Thanks in advance!

Re: General Watercooling Help

Sonntag, 9. November 2008, 13:35

Hi and welcome to our Forum!

Zitat von »smoothy«

Can i mount an aquastream xt ultra upside down?
yes

Zitat

Does the pump have to be at the bottom of the loop?
no

Zitat

what happens if not?
filling the loop with water might be a little more difficult (depends on your setup)

Zitat

Can i plug the aquastream xt into an aquaero?
yes

Zitat

any particular order of connecting components?
no, the order doesn't matter. during the filling of the loop it helps if the reservoir is in front of the pump, but otherwise it's up to you
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

smoothy

Sonntag, 9. November 2008, 13:45

wow thanks for such a quick response!!!

i was thinking this loop: pump -> rad 1 -> aquatube -> CPU -> chipset -> rad 2 -> gpu1 -> gpu2 -> pump.

i have my aquatube in the top of my case for easy filling.

does the cable to connect the pump to the aquaero come with one of them? should i just plug it into the aquaero or usb or both?

thanks again

Sonntag, 9. November 2008, 15:56

The necessary 3-pin cable comes with the pump. Using this cable (aquabus) and USB would be the best option because you will have all monitoring and controlling features available :)

smoothy

Montag, 10. November 2008, 13:11

thanks,

i must have overlooked that in my bundle.

will having the pump at virtually the top of the loop (aquatube is higher) cause any long term problems such as air bubbles or will it just take longer to get rid of the bubbles?

thanks again!