• 19.04.2024, 17:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jag

Aquastream overvoltage performance/noise

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 17:55

Hi,
It's my first post in this forum (i´m writing in English, because the German i learned isn't so good, so as to maintain a proper conversation).
I would like to know the following:
-seeing that in the Aquastream web page it is stated this:
12V DC, 4.5W - 8W (depending on the frequency)
Performance
300 l/h - 500 l/h (depending on the frequency)
Delivery height
1.2 - 2.1 mWs (depending on the frequency)

- If you run the pump at 8W, do you obtain the real 500lph or it's just theoretical? Has it been tested that way?
- the noise that the pump makes at this frequency is the same or louder than the Eheim 1048?
- the controller at 8W gives some kind of error signal?
- if we want to connect this pump to the aquero do we still need the controller?

I ask this because at 8W/500lph you only have a loss of 16,5% compared to the Eheim, though the heat output is unknown (at least to me).

Does anyone has a pump working in these conditions that can give some answers?

Re: Aquastream overvoltage performance/noise

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 19:13

Hi

Topic moved ;)

Dino
Videtis hic hommunculum qui verrit suum stabulum. Quid ibi homo invenit? Pulchrum cuplexum areum!

Jag

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 19:34

Hi Dino,

Sorry, didn't know there was an English sub-Forum.
Can anyone from Aquacomputer give some answers to my questions, seeing that probably you are the ones with more data on this product (aquero/aquastream)?

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 20:32

hi, and welcome in this board :)

first of all, if you want to overclock the aquastream, you'll also need the aquaero.

but: there is no really (measureble) difference if the pump works on 300 or 500 l/h. if the waterflow isn't too high or too low you can't realy measure a temperature-diffrence.
the only reason to overclock the aquastream is, when your system has a real big resitance against the waterflow. e.g. very much hose, or a lot of corners or many waterblocks.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 20:55

Never use the pump with overvoltage. This will destroy the pump in seconds. Just do it by software.

Jag

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004, 23:39

No, all I want to know is, if I follow your specifications (máx. 8W/500lph/2,1mWs) for the Aquastream that i copied to the first post, the pump will handle it or not in terms of noise/heat/life cycle.
Is it safe for me to run the pump at 8W/500lph or not as you advertise?
If I buy a Aquastream how can I overvolt the pump by software? I thought it was made by hardware with a jumper in the Aquastream controller, no?

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004, 00:44

Zitat von »Jag«

I thought it was made by hardware with a jumper in the Aquastream controller, no?

no, that's no longer possible. you'll need an Aquaero to overvolt
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Jag

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004, 01:32

Oh, I see.
Still you haven't answered my questions.
Let me put it this way: how far can I go, what is the safe overvolt tension that I can safely use with the Aquastream?

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004, 01:33

overclocking of the aquastream is only possible with the aquaero.
and there not more electric power that makes the pump faster, it's a higher frequency.
a normal AS works with ~45Hz. when she is overclocked, she works with up to ~60Hz (please don't point me on that numbers. i don't know the exact frequency)

when you are a lucky one, and you're able to find an aquastream 2.0 you can overclock it by jumper. what you need is the AS-controler, which tranforms the 12V from the PC-PSU into the voltage for the aquastream.

edit:
you can't overvolt the AS. the only possible way for overclocking is by software or by an older controler.
overvolting will damage your controler and/or pump.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004, 16:49

With the aquaer you can go up to 74Hz - not on any pump and system but the most will work fine with this frequency. In this case the aquastream will produce a pressure of more than 2 meter (200 mbar). This is much more than an 1048.

Jag

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2004, 20:45

Zitat von »Stephan«

With the aquaer you can go up to 74Hz - not on any pump and system but the most will work fine with this frequency. In this case the aquastream will produce a pressure of more than 2 meter (200 mbar). This is much more than an 1048.

Stephan,

In this case, is the AS fully reliable, have you tested it this way, no strange error codes from the controller, nothing unusual ?

Sorry for insisting on this point, but my plan is to use 2xAS (since they are the only ones to be 12v) in series, so I have to be 100% sure it will work accordingly to your indications (12V DC, 4.5W - 8W (depending on the frequency) /300 l/h - 500 l/h (depending on the frequency) / 1.2 - 2.1 mWs (depending on the frequency) on the AS web page.

I don't the same situation to happen to me, as the other user that got everything melted (blocks, etc), so any help is welcome.

Jag

Montag, 6. Dezember 2004, 15:51

Please guys, anyone?

Montag, 6. Dezember 2004, 17:32

300 - 500 l/h, maybe in your dreams but not in reality.

The manufactors are measure those specs without any resistance.

A single pump will reach around 30 - 50 l/h, depending on your system.

The aquastream is used by hundred (thousands?) of users and they have no problems with the pump. There will be always one or an other who has problems but see it in the correct relation: they are exemptions.

You could use a flow-indicator to be aware of a malfunction and the consequential damage.

OK, now your four questions:

1.) Mhhh, I already answered that question ;D (please note that you can choose only the frequency, not watt)

2.) The Aquastream is quieter than the 1048.

3.) I don't know but I would say no. Above 8W could be tolerance and isn't a real malfunction.

4.) Yes, you still need the controller!

Jag

Montag, 6. Dezember 2004, 18:19

O.K. Thank you all for your answers.
I'll give the AS a try.