• 25.04.2024, 14:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aquagATIx for 9800 Pro

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 16:13

I am going to ordering a mountain of products soon, but i'm unsure on something and want to clarify before I order.

With the 9800Pro w/c, the aquagATIx, how does it attach to the card? If someone could post a detailed photo or provide a link it would be great. All of the pictures I have seen of the card do not show the back area of the card so I have no idea how it's setup.

I have an idea to effectively 'clamp' 2 waterblocks on the 9800 Pro so the graphics card is sandwiched in-between.
But if the mounting holes and screw-in methods are substantially different, then I need to know so I don't go ordering components that i won't use.

Regards

JP

Re: aquagATIx for 9800 Pro

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 16:37

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The Aquagratix is mounted with four plastic screws. On some cards you could only use two of them cause of the layout like here:

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 19:17

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The Aquagratix is mounted with four plastic screws. On some cards you could only use two of them cause of the layout like here:

Can the screws be replaced with longer metal screws? What size are they?

Not sure I like the sound of just using plastic screws.

Samstag, 15. Januar 2005, 14:00

Ok trust me you want plastic srews rather than metal as over tightening with metal screws can do several things....crack or bend the GPU this can break connections with vital components or result in a crushed core....the plastic screws are designed to slip/thread and in doing so protect you from having to replace the GPU rather than some cheap plastic nuts and bolts.

Also just having metal nuts can cause serious issues, take alook at the photos and check out just how close some of those capcitors and diodes are to the fixing holes ....not only could over pressure pop these but metal contact could result in a shortage. Also the other isssue is gouging cuting in to the actual PCB this would occur even without over tightening and could result in cutting of circuits.

stick with the plastic ones they are there for a reason and they quite happily hold the aquagratiX800 which is bigger and heavier than the AquagATIx

Samstag, 15. Januar 2005, 19:08

I understand what you are saying, but this isn't my first water-cooling setup (i've been doing it for years).

I have been using US style 1/2" setups until now and I want to use AC components for a 2nd loop in a new case mod i'm doing.

But the current situation is that I am pelting (80W) my current 9800Pro and I don't want to reduce what I am currently running by moving to a new set-up and thus want to setup a loop to maximise cooling.

This means I want 2 water-blocks on the GPU core... the main one on the front and another smaller one on the rear extracting heat from both ends. But I want to use AC parts, and the only way I can see it happening is if I use longer (and stronger) bolts to attach them.

And I want a really, really tight clamp on it... I have no worries about damaging components as I know what I am doing.