• 24.04.2024, 14:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

MSI K8N neo2 platinum socket?

Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005, 15:12

Hi,

I have an MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum and bought a 'cuplex PRO Halterung Athlon64'. I know (duh) to remove the standard 939 socket and the iron backplate.
But after that... The mobo only has 2 holes and the plastic covering of the cuplex pro has lots more but ofcourse I can only use the middle 2. Now my questions are;
_ There were a lot of springs and screws that came with the cuples pro, how should I use them? I only have 2 holes, wich springs should I use, the large ones or the short ones. Should I use the other ones to stabelise the socket?
Doe anyone maybe have a picture or something, that would make things much easier.

Thanks

Re: MSI K8N neo2 platinum socket?

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 11:02

Yes indeed, got the same problem.. only 2 mounting holes..

I supose i have to use 2 big screws with a spring in it and thighten it down (with that other thingy AC provided in the box)

But are 2 spring strong enouf ?
and i don't think you have to remove the iron plate... it spreads the force a bit more over the motherbord

@Espedato Geweldige how-to voor unattended setup  ;D

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 11:24

Hi,

this is a multi cuplex pro. It Fits for P4, AMD and A64. So only the two in the middle are right for A64. And yes remove the backplate.

Cheers

Stefan

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 12:45

Ha, found it myself.
You HAVE to remove the backplate, the attached pins are blocking the holes to install the watercooling.
Heat the backplate with a blowdryer and gently push the pins outward. The backplate comes off fairly easy.
Then install the cuplex pro with 2 screws and 2 of the smaller springs between mobo and cuplex. Use enough of the plastic rings to avoid damage, there are plenty.
It fits like a charm, strong and very stable without applying too much stress to the mobo.

@ Anon5710: Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marc