• 25.04.2024, 00:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

temps :S

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005, 22:10

35°c idle and 47°c stressed... Is that normal ?

I used an Cuplex Pro for my A64 3500+

Re: temps :S

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005, 22:11

sounds good :)

but dont trust these sensors to much ;)

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005, 22:15

Zitat von »0800-S-P-A-N-I«

sounds good :)

but dont trust these sensors to much ;)

Okey i admit it's alot cooler than the 60°c with the stock cooling but man... i was hoping to push my cpu a bit higer ;)

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005, 22:48

just enjoy the silence of the watercooled solutions ;)

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2005, 23:33

Zitat von »Anon5710«

35°c idle and 47°c stressed... Is that normal ?

I used an Cuplex Pro for my A64 3500+

The temps are normal...
and i think u could try to put it higher, the cpu doesnt cares if it works at 30 or 50 degrees...

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 13:03

Wow, my temps are a bit higher.
MSI k8n neo2, 3500 winchester cooled with a cuplex pro.

idle 41-45, stressed 52-55.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on my watercooling (DOH!) and after a few minutes I looked at 'Corecell' wich was giving me an alarm about high temeratures, it said 102 degrees. Damn, immediatly turned on watercooling to drop it, luckily i didn't fry it.

I wonder if my old cuplex would cool the cpu better than the cuplex pro I have now...

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 13:57

Question to both of you: are you using cool n quiet?

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 14:17

The bios option? No, ofcourse not.
I use the tips and tweaks in this thread;
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46730

btw; I also cool my GF6800gt and northbridge and use the airplex evo 240.

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 14:27

Disabling cool n quiet makes only sense if you overclock your system.

I have an ilde temperature of ~29°C with c'n'q 8)
The CPU consumes only around 10W in this mode while idleing.

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 14:29

This is why I still use an 1/2" set-up primary loop for my CPU only and then AC components for everything else (GPU, NB, Mosfets etc).

From what i've seen, AC can't match 1/2" setups for pure performance.

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 15:03

Hehe, a bigger tubing has no effect on the temperature. You might have a better flow but it is useless.

This site (german) explains it in a very detailed and scientific way.

I will (try to) translate an important part of this text:

"The influence of the flow rate on the cooling performance is often excessively overrated. In forums is speculated; one often believes what one wants to believe. Manufacturers, that set on xtralarge (10mm of hoses and more), defend these systems for in the long run with understandable reasons but incomprehensible arguments and pseudo formulas."

Some diagrams explain the influence of flow rate on the cooling performance and the most time you see no differnce whatever flow rate is used.
Only with less than 20l/h you will be able to see a noticeable differnce.

Well, I don't want to have a hosepipe in my system ;D ;D

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 17:13

Haha... I see where you are getting at and I don't want to start a flame war ;D, I see the advantages and disadvantages of both and I use both personally.

I'm an engineer (not by profession though) and in theory using perfect models, it can be describe mathematically that the larger mass flow rate that can be achieved using larger bore setups are an advantage.

But in reality, nothing is as perfect as it is on paper and there are many variables that are unknown to enable a true comparison.

But then, from what I have personally seen and my own experiences... I have had a lot better performance from 1/2" setups when higher temperatures are involved (i.e. CPU overclocking ~ 2.0V Vcore etc).

But what I have also experienced is that at less extreme temperatures (i.e. stock), there is a negligible difference in temperatures between the two styles and thus that is why I use 'lo-flo' equipment for the rest of my components. I have also justed upgraded to AC stuff too! :D

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 12:17

Hey Shoggy; what's your cooling setup and hardware? I gues you have all the stuff from ac and probably with a discount being a moderator here.

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 14:15

Oh damn, I have been caught ;D

These components...

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.2GHz, Newcastle)
Sapphire X800 Pro
MSI K8T Neo-FSR

...are cooled and pimped with*:

APE360
Cuplex Evo
2x Twinplex
Aquatube
Aquastream + FMJ
Aquaero VFD
Waterflow sensor
tons of additional accessory like lighting, cables, connectors etc.

*no idea if that is "correct" english, only remember 'pimp my ride' from mtv ;D

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 16:33

That IS correct grammar, but 'That components' should be 'these components'.

Another question regarding temps;

I used to have a Athlon XP2800+ wich ran at about 3400+ speeds (about 2200 mhz), cooled with an old cuplex evo and an airplex 240 (graka and northbridge also cooled). Temperatures were under load about 48-52 degrees.
Now I have a XP64 3500+ winchester NOT overclocked so it also runs @ 2200 mhz cooled with exactly the same stup except the cpu coller is now a cuplex pro. Temperature is now 55-58 under load.

I don't think my 3500+ puts out more heat because the older xp 2800+ was oc'd to the max and was probably hotter so why was it better cooled? Is the Cuplex pro not so good? And most importantly; would my old cuplex evo do better? (I would have to buy a 'umrüstsatz' for the a64)

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 16:46

Cuplex pro should have better temperatures (around ~2°C) compared to the cuplex evo.

Maybe your water flow isn't strong enough. You could also take a look at this small plate inside the pro. Sometimes it is blocked like in this puicture.

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 17:45

yeah, I saw that picture earlier today. The explenation was that is was some kind of grease left behind from the factory. It should be washed away with normal hot water BEFORE first use, wich I didn't because I simply didn't know. But I inspected te cuplex thouroughly, I don't remember any grease in mine.

Could the higher temps maybe related to the fact that I use my 2 120mm pabst fans to blow air throught the radiator in stead of my old setup when I let them suck air away from the radiator?

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 17:50

Yes, that could be possible because with your current setup you are pumping the warm air into the case where it dam up.

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005, 18:50

Zitat

with your current setup you are pumping the warm air into the case where it dam up

That would be true in a normal case, not in mine. ;D
I modded my entire case so that the only air passed though is on the right hand side. Here is a pic, you are the first to see it.
I modded a normal case to a desktop model. The place were the psu is mounted has been sealed off, the hard drives are in there too so they benefit from the cold air. The only hole to access the rest of the case is just big enought for the cables from the psu to fit through.