• 23.04.2024, 14:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

ATX Aquaero wiring extension/converter

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 01:53

I saw the ATX wiring extension #53041 that allows for the standby power connector on the Aquaero without having to hack the PSU wiring loom. Is it available in a 24 pin configuration? My PCP&C 510 SLI has a 24 pin male connector and my ASUS A8N-SLI the mating female connector.

Re: ATX Aquaero wiring extension/converter

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 01:57

Forgot something ::)

Does the Aquaero LT boot with the fans running if I am not actually running in Windows yet? Say when I'm installing the OS.

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 10:52

Hi,

there ist no ATX 2.0 (24 Pin) Connector for the AquaEro... but you can bridge the four additional pins very easyly...

Man In Blue
A sinking ship is still a ship!

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 11:03

I can do that as i got plenty of molex connectors hanging around wanting to do something ;D

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 15:32

You can Mod your PSU directly (I have done so with my Antec 'cause I didn't like the Adapter) or use a 24Pin-to-24Pin-Connector (so you won't loose the warranty of the PSU).

The Aquaero starts all Fans automatically and tests them two times (they will run 2 Seconds at fullspeed), then the fans will drop to the speed which is defined the last time (the aquaero "remembers" them). You won't need the software at all, even under Linux or other OS you can define the Fan-Speed directly over the aquaero (but only on the Display-Versions :P).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 20:42

Ahh...so what if I use a LT? Will the fans run while I install Windows OS?

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 21:23

They will run at the speed, which you will have to define before. If don't have access to the aquaero to do so, you can load the Default Settings (press 3 Sec. (NOT MORE) the Set/Mode-Switch (the one in the middle) to load them). The the fans will run at 100%. If you have a new ae, the fans will also run at 100% till you set another speed ;).

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 23:24

I don't think the LT version has any buttons, does it? AFAIK it is all software driven hardware. But from what you say the default scheme should work till I can get up and running in Windows. :)

Freitag, 18. März 2005, 23:07

The aqauero does have the buttons, but the silver cap (=Kappe?) and the front-plate are missing ;). (Otherwise you couldn't flash the aqauero because you have to press the set button before you can flash :p)

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 18:52

Zitat von »x-stars«

The aqauero does have the buttons, but the silver cap (=Kappe?) and the front-plate are missing ;). (Otherwise you couldn't flash the aqauero because you have to press the set button before you can flash :p)

Well that's good to know as the pic's and English version of the website don't expalin that very well. BTW, does the LT version have to be returned to the factory to add the VFD display or can I do it at home?

Samstag, 19. März 2005, 20:11

Zitat von »x-stars«

You can Mod your PSU directly (I have done so with my Antec 'cause I didn't like the Adapter) or use a 24Pin-to-24Pin-Connector (so you won't loose the warranty of the PSU).

I think I will mod my PCP&C supply directly as I don't think it would affect any warranty issues. That company has a different attitude about these kinds of things. But if you send in something for warranty and they see that you did a shit job of soldering in additional wiring you may be SOL.

I modded my supply already because I wanted to use an Asetek power on device for my Eheim 1046 and didn't like the AC cord running through a PCI slot. So I tapped into the AC terminals inside the case and ran the AC through a hole I drilled in the side of the PSU case that goes only a few inches to the Asetek unit. ;D