• 19.04.2024, 16:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero fan voltages?

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 04:26

Greetings most exalted ones...

Does anyone know what the min and max voltages are on the Aquaero fan headers with the analog output (Ver 4?)?

Also what fans other than Papst will run reliably on this controller. I was reading somewhere that certain fans have difficulty in starting at lower voltages, yes?

Thank you :)

Re: Aquaero fan voltages?

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 10:47

The aquaero has the full-range for the fans (0-12V). Moreover you can control the fans by the power (0-100%) or by the Speed (0 UPM - Max UPM).

Greets
Michael
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 12:55

Hi Michael...

So what fans are the most reliable at starting at low voltages?

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 14:25

as far as I know the Aquaero gives the Fans 12 V for the first few seconds so you should be able to use every fan you want. But I am not sure about that.

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 14:50

Use the fan you want to (I have got fans from "Papst"), some like "Revoltecs" more, ... . It's a question if you want just "normal" fans, some with lightening, some made of Aluminium or some which are extra quiet. With Rev. 4 you won't have any problems, like Rev. 3.07 had, so use what you like best ;).
As rebyC wrote, the Ae will test the fans at startup two times (100% for a few seconds), then the fans will be regulated to the speed/power-settings you'd choose. The only problem would be, if you control the fans by temperature and they're turned off -> they won't start until there is enough voltage, althoug they can run at lower voltages after the first turns, so you will have to except this or control the fans per speed/upm :-/.

Donnerstag, 14. April 2005, 11:03

I was actually wanting to control my fans by using the temp coming off the radiator. Can the Ae be programmed to initially start up at say 50% voltage or power and then decrease to a user specified parameter after so much time?

Donnerstag, 14. April 2005, 16:50

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

I was actually wanting to control my fans by using the temp coming off the radiator. Can the Ae be programmed to initially start up at say 50% voltage or power and then decrease to a user specified parameter after so much time?

Actually, I have no idea if there is a chance (maybe with a small temperature-range, but then you have the problem to start at, let's say 100% and the fans will decrease back to 0% :-/)