• 25.04.2024, 09:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SNTmods

1/2" Barb Moded Aquatube and AquaZilla

Freitag, 18. Februar 2005, 18:43

I've just received my new batch of 1/2" barb modified Aquatubes. These have been pretty popular thus far in the states for 1/2" ID tubing applications but this is the Revision 2 of the mod with new fittings. They look sweet! :D

And our version of the Aquajet, the AquaZilla SE.

-Dan
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Re: 1/2" Barb Moded Aquatube and AquaZilla

Freitag, 18. Februar 2005, 22:41

ouch
that poor aquatube... :'(
;)

sorry, but i fail to see any sense in using that big barbs/tubing
whats wrong about 8/6mm?

SNTmods

Samstag, 19. Februar 2005, 04:46

I guess you just dont understand that the Aquatube is so very popular in the U.S. that I had to start having them modified for a larger market, namely the 1/2" ID systems that many in the states have. Its just common businesss sense and Im surprised that AC didnt do it before I did.

Please dont get me wrong though, I love smaller tubes but I have a business to run.

-Dan

Samstag, 19. Februar 2005, 10:51

Zitat von »SNTmods«

I guess you just dont understand that the Aquatube is so very popular in the U.S. that I had to start having them modified for a larger market, namely the 1/2" ID systems that many in the states have. Its just common businesss sense and Im surprised that AC didnt do it before I did.

Please dont get me wrong though, I love smaller tubes but I have a business to run.

-Dan

I am not a fan of "big-bore" h20 cooling, but the mod is well done. PolarFlow barbs? Be glad AC did not make a big-bore AquaTube, it is putting $$ in your pocket (as well as your buddy BB the machinist). Honestly I don't think Aqua-Computer needs to change anything they are doing. This stuff is the best H20 cooling gear on the planet. Big-Bore H20 cooling is overrated, flow rate is not everything.. ;D

Dienstag, 22. Februar 2005, 14:03

exactly my point ;)

@sntmods
dont misunderstand me, that 'mod' is nicely done!
it's just nothing i'd want in MY system ;)

Puggy

Dienstag, 1. März 2005, 18:29

Zitat von »r1ppch3n«

exactly my point ;)

@sntmods
dont misunderstand me, that 'mod' is nicely done!
it's just nothing i'd want in MY system ;)

It's not something I'd want in my system either, and I use both 6/8 and 8/10. Here in the US, the 'bigger is better' epithet is nearly everything when it comes to water cooling. Even though 1/2" ID is considered overkill, using smaller (even 3/8" ID) tends to ge frowned upon. With my blocks, I use a Eheim 1046, but to most of the 'bigger is better' crowd that's considered blasphemous.

Donnerstag, 17. März 2005, 09:53

I'm curious as to what Aqua-Computer thinks of a distributor that makes some wild mods and represents the product as an A-C part? :o But it does look kind of different in a nice sort of way. But definitely the Aquajet mod is not up to the look and machining standards of A-C IMHO.

SNTmods

Dienstag, 29. März 2005, 18:55

Top Nurse, I have never passed off my moded components as AC products. There have also been no complaints of SNTmods' work from AC or the peanut gallery. It is a SNTmods service and the AquaZilla is our own version of a jet, we prefer using copper as a special eddition and wanted it to differ from the original Aquajet. There is no other option available for 1/2" ID users so you cant compare it to anything else. If there was a need to make our jet compatible for different fittings it would have been designed differently and would have looked much more like the original, something we didnt want to do.

-Dan

shonuff

Dienstag, 29. März 2005, 21:41

Zitat von »modsquad«

I am not a fan of "big-bore" h20 cooling, but the mod is well done. PolarFlow barbs? Be glad AC did not make a big-bore AquaTube, it is putting $$ in your pocket (as well as your buddy BB the machinist). Honestly I don't think Aqua-Computer needs to change anything they are doing. This stuff is the best H20 cooling gear on the planet. Big-Bore H20 cooling is overrated, flow rate is not everything.. ;D

Well said! 8)

Dienstag, 29. März 2005, 23:40

Zitat von »SNTmods«

Top Nurse, I have never passed off my moded components as AC products. There have also been no complaints of SNTmods' work from AC or the peanut gallery. It is a SNTmods service and the AquaZilla is our own version of a jet, we prefer using copper as a special eddition and wanted it to differ from the original Aquajet. There is no other option available for 1/2" ID users so you cant compare it to anything else. If there was a need to make our jet compatible for different fittings it would have been designed differently and would have looked much more like the original, something we didnt want to do.

I'm sure your customers will be glad to be considered part of the "peanut gallery" as much as I am. Actually I just come from a different era I guess, as I was raised in the distribution business. The point was that if you are representing yourself as the sole dealer of a foreign firm in the western hemisphere it would at least behoove you to ask the manufaturer if they would make it for you as a special export product. And the inference is that as the sole dealer what you make that looks like a manufacturer's existing product is probably in fact either made, made under sublicense from their design, or otherwise condoned by them. I was not insinuating that you are a crook :o

And BTW, as I stated before it is not up to the standards I expect from A-C so I just wanted to know what was up. It would have looked considerably better if you had used stainless steel tubing as there is no need for heat transference. Personally I would not want a corroded hunk of copper sitting inside my AquaTube when it was not on for all to see.

OT

Dienstag, 29. März 2005, 23:49

Zitat von »r1ppch3n«

exactly my point

Just wanted to say that I love your line that says "no RISC, no fun" ;D :)

SNTmods

Mittwoch, 30. März 2005, 19:49

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

It would have looked considerably better if you had used stainless steel tubing as there is no need for heat transference. Personally I would not want a corroded hunk of copper sitting inside my AquaTube when it was not on for all to see.

Well, you are the first that has even shared that they didnt like the copper tube. Its your opinion but it wont even give us an idea to change it to steel since its already an Special Edition. We have other tubing available but thus far there has been no interest in anything besides the copper.

The choice of CU was for appearance, heat transference was not at all a point. Also, we havent seen any corrosion on the tubes either. Distilled water + ACfluid really does work well for the long term.

-Dan

Donnerstag, 31. März 2005, 13:32

Zitat von »SNTmods«

Also, we havent seen any corrosion on the tubes either. Distilled water + ACfluid really does work well for the long term.

You will. The A-C manual states that the copper water blocks eventually form a reddish color exudate (corrosion) that protects the block from further corrosion. Sorry, but I like anodized aluminum, nickel plated brass, silver, gold, or stainless steel in any water cooled system. ;D

SNTmods

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 02:34

Hmmmm, it also seems that my water blocks, all that have been in use for up to 2 years, have no corrosion what so ever on them. There is no worry in the short term if thats what you want to call it. :cheers:

-Dan

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 03:14

Zitat von »SNTmods«

Hmmmm, it also seems that my water blocks, all that have been in use for up to 2 years, have no corrosion what so ever on them. There is no worry in the short term if thats what you want to call it.

Well that is good to hear. I suppose A-C should update their A-C installation manual. So you mentioned a while back that A-C lets you polish the blocks. Why do they need polishing if there is no corrosion?

SNTmods

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 16:52

Top Nurse, you really should stop making trying to make me look like a fraud 'cause people are begining to notice what you are doing and how you are acting.

Anyways, I have never mentioned that AC allows me to polish their blocks. There has also never been any need to ask for permission to polish any blocks because its not an issue of theirs as I do not pass off the products as anything else other than what is already a quality product. Please stop trying to quote me in order to make me look bad in front of my initial distributor, AC, and their staff when you are incorrectly quoting in the first place.

I have polished the underside of a few blocks when switching motherboards but I do this as habit anyways with watercooling components. I have also cleaned a Cuplex Evo due to dirt, not corrosion, being within the grooves of the core. This was a personal unit that I had in use since November of 2003.

The constant attacking is getting quite tiresome but I wont just ignore it. Have a day.

-Dan

Puggy

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 17:00

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

You will.  The A-C manual states that the copper water blocks eventually form a reddish color exudate (corrosion) that protects the block from further corrosion.  Sorry, but I like anodized aluminum, nickel plated brass, silver, gold, or stainless steel in any water cooled system.  ;D

If copper is eventually going to corrode, why does every water cooling company on the planet use it? What manual is this?

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 17:10

Copper is able to dissipate heat very quick. That's the reason why the most companies are using it.

Samstag, 2. April 2005, 17:31

Zitat von »Puggy«

If copper is eventually going to corrode, why does every water cooling company on the planet use it? What manual is this?

Hi Puggy...

Aqua Computer Operating and Assembly Manual (English version, April 2004)

Page 5 2nd paragraph from bottom:

"Over time the copper material will develop a protective oxide layer. This protects the copper from further oxidation and has no influence on the function of the cooler." {Corrosion is the process of oxidation}

Page 30 last paragraph:

"The copper of our coolers is natural. It will create a layer of oxide in time. This protects the copper from further corrosion. The normal oxidation creates a red layer of oxide which looks very good. On places the copper got into contact with sweat, it will create a black layer of oxide. Since this doesn't look so good, you can easily remove this layer with a suitable copper polish..."

Hi Dan...

Now that we are back online about "corrosion and polishing" we can get back to your post. When I was assessing you and your company for possible business I noticed some less than positive comments with SNT on the internet. Now being a reasonable person I don't pay that kind of talk too much attention as someone always has an ax to grind and especially on the internet. So I picked up the phone and called you direct when I was down in Florida. Since my initial A-C product interest was for the Aquaero (I was going to buy a Fan-O-Matic) I asked you if you did technical and warranty repairs of A-C products. You responded that you were not a tech and the electronics had to be returned to Germany. You then stated that A-C only allowed you to do polishing of water blocks. So there was no "misquoting" involved here.

As far as fraud goes I have never called you one nor will I ever :) I just point out the inconsistencies in what you say, don't say, do, and don't do. The facts speak for themselves. BTW, I do the same to Shoggy <rarely> and others here and other places. I tend to call them the way I see them and I 'm usually not to particular about who it is. Several CEO's of healthcare companies would undoubtedly agree with me on that one >:( ::)

Personally I would like to bury the hatchet right here and now. This whole mess got started while you were on vacation and really had nothing to do with you except that SNT is owned by you and BB. It was primarily due to the heavy handed comments and nasty PM's from your company in the way of your business partner that upset me to no end.

Peace? :-* :)

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 03:04

Have done something similar some time ago:

Some of the threads were changed to G1/4" and there were added 3 more on the other side.

Cheers,
friku.