• 16.04.2024, 12:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pump position?

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 02:22

hi all, now, i know this subject has been through this forum loads of times before, but i thought i'd ask anyway, as it's about the cuplex xt, which is new(ish). i want to know whether it would be more beneficial to put the cuplex xt straight after the pump given it's high resistance to flow therefore giving it the highest flowing water in the system. what i'm dwelling on is: pump>cuplex>aquagratix>aquadrivex2>aquatube>radiators>pump.
or: pump>radiators>cuplex>aquagratix>aquadrives>aquatube>pump

or wouldn't it make a real difference?
cheers

Re: pump position?

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 02:47

It will make no difference because the flow rate wouldn't change.

You should try to have short ways and put the aquatube in front of the pump because it will be much more easier to fill your system ;)

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 03:12

ok, but given that there are pressure differences at various points in the system, surely there must be different flow rates between them too?

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 16:48

There can't be any differences. Imagine what would happen if the water would be faster somewhere in your system. Will it get ahead of the other water in the system? (lol, that sounds so stupid ;D)

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 22:11

yes i agree, it does sound stupid. i work on automotive air conditioning units, and they compress R134a which then passes through an expansion valve (basically a very small hole). now before the expansion valve, the R134a (in liquid form) moves relatively slowly. after it passes thru the expansion valve, the R134a speeds up (whilst changing into gas) and passes through the heat exchanger in the car, which in turn cools the air. Now the R134a before the expansion valve is at high pressure, and after it up till the pump is at low pressure. so you see, if there is a restriction in a closed loop system, there will be a higher pressure existing before the restriction and after the pump. there is also a low pressure after the restriction before the pump, which the high pressure gas/liquid will rush into hence moving at higher speed than the gas/liquid before the restriction. i understand that water isn't that compressable, but it is compressable to a certain extent, what i wanted to know was: is it enough to make a degree's difference? p.s. i know i'm probably crazy, but i thought i'd ask ;D

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 02:42

You can't really equate an air-con system to an Aqua Computer PC setup as the pressures, temperatures and properties of the cooling medium are totally different.

I've gotta ask - if you work with air-con systems, why don't you build your own phase change cooling system? ;D

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 16:48

it's true that the pressures temperatures and properties are all different, but fluid dynamics equations are the same whichever fluid you use, it's just the variables that are different, so you get the same effect with different cooling media just at different orders of magnitude.

as for the phase change system, i'm leaving that till i can afford a proper computer, as i only have a 3.06Ghz P4 478 on a 533Mhz FSB with a Ati 9800 Pro 128MB, old hat really. (it's my 'practise' system, if you like ;D)